Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

H_Lime wrote: »
    Yrs back when I cared enough to buy bikes mags pb had Dale lomas on one in cannonball run. They did the same and the before and after dyno graphs showed just how unleashed it was. Have you had er mapped Blade?

I have yeah.
    Jog tuned it for me 5 or 6 years ago.
    Although I did have to do a little fine tuning myself + a little advice from a tuner in UK who has one himself and tunes lots of them.
    Really turns the bike into what is should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Do you feel executive when you don't wave at other peasant non executives:)
    So what's she like :eek: and did you get the matching fetching beemer apparel?

D3V!L wrote: »
    "Exclusive" ;)

No I wear an RST suit , non of that BMW uniform stuff.

Even betterer than executive, exclusiveer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

D3V!L wrote: »
    "Exclusive" ;)

No I wear an RST suit , non of that BMW uniform stuff.

But is it a bespoke RST suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Second pic be the road leading to roches point, love that spot.
    Glad the blades running well, enjoy er.

Thanks H. I’ve definitely racked up more miles on her at this stage of ownership than any other bike I’ve had since the bandit in 2008. I turned around at the point in the photo as the road looked like a dead end, maybe not, but it was my first time in that particular part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

scudster wrote: »
    It’s a 125. Got it as a bit of a wreck as a payment from a good mate who I done a few jobs for.
    Done a resto on it over about 2 years. It’s not a showroom job by any stretch. Main fairing was a nice find. NOS part, pity rear panels aren’t as good which let it down a bit along with the indicators. Only recently got her running decent, had a bog off idle. Had to go up about 5 jet sizes on the idle. Pulls pretty good now.

3702-B1-BA-707-A-44-A9-B6-AB-ECCDAB0-A861-F.jpg

1401-F689-E3-CE-4816-AFA9-7812053-EC869.jpg

3-EC068-B7-7-F58-4-E4-A-8026-D2-C9-EEC5-AA9-F.jpg

532-F5122-5128-482-C-8-B47-9-AB8-A8-F930-E3.jpg

A85-D0496-C8-B2-43-E9-AA98-1-DF17-B82590-E.jpg

B6-B06329-D711-4512-9-A2-E-BB11609-F6-C51.jpg

Sold her on a bit of a whim. Put it up at 11.30pm on a Thursday night and it was on a trailer to her new home in less than 12 hours.
    It has been replaced by this.

FC2-DB7-D1-03-BB-459-D-B009-B372019-BA0-FB.jpg

It’s been in my shed for a few years but my brother owned it. The few quid from the TZR was burning a hole in my pocket and I asked if he would sell it. We came to an agreement that I’d fix up another bike (a Dniepr if anyone is interested) he has as part of the deal.
    The blade seems to have had a bit of a story to tell...
    Still uncovering details...

Took this one out for a couple of hours today.
    It doesn't get out much but felt great!

IMG-20200720-162044.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Scudster - where did he pull a dniepr out of??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Scudster - where did he pull a dniepr out of??

My brother bought it the guts of 10 years ago. No idea where. It was a half arsed project by the previous owner when he got it. And it’s exactly the same at the moment as it’s sat in a hayshed since. Life has a habit of getting in the way of the best laid plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

116133244_10218194146825734_5085073645763523685_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=oU6y-JJJbC8AX_bplIF&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=3ddd4236398463815818bbe2073a1a84&oe=5F425E59

Over here in Vancouver, went for a late ride with a buddy and found some delish roads in a valley near Pitt Meadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Savage yoke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Savage yoke :)

Absolutely, love the blacked out theme of it.

Went down to Roches Point a few days ago, but it was jammers, the roads down there are in awful condition as well. Lots of massive potholes that will ruin your day if you hit one.

ayyBOLx.jpg?2

Garretstown, stopped off at the speckled door and then up to the old head.
    lyALuSK.jpg?2

Went up to the old head and there was a fog bank after moving in, couldn't see a thing.
    NVFGlIN.jpg?1

I've had the MT for nearly two months now, I'm loving it. The engine in this thing is incredible. The noise out of that crossplane motor is intoxicating.

The engine in this thing is incredible. The noise out of that crossplane motor is intoxicating.

The next best thing to a V twin! :p :pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    The next best thing to a V twin! :p :pac:

I might actually prefer it to a v twin. I've had a few (MT01/Multistrada) and this might be better.

I might actually prefer it to a v twin. I've had a few (MT01/Multistrada) and this might be better.

Yeah,was checking out a big bang R1 with a set of scorpions the other day.
    Lovely sound.

Went down to Roches Point a few days ago, but it was jammers, the roads down there are in awful condition as well. Lots of massive potholes that will ruin your day if you hit one.

ayyBOLx.jpg?2

Garretstown, stopped off at the speckled door and then up to the old head.
    lyALuSK.jpg?2

Went up to the old head and there was a fog bank after moving in, couldn't see a thing.
    NVFGlIN.jpg?1

I've had the MT for nearly two months now, I'm loving it. The engine in this thing is incredible. The noise out of that crossplane motor is intoxicating.

Lookin well man, what's it like when you smack it in the face?
    Hear ya re the road, worked round there for a good few yrs and you could disappear in some.

Lookin well man, what's it like when you smack it in the face?
    Hear ya re the road, worked round there for a good few yrs and you could disappear in some.

Put it in power mode one and its an animal after 5-6000rpm. Its well beyond my ability. Your well into dangerous driving court appearance territory when you get it into its midrange never mind full throttle. Its really a track machine at heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I sold the CBR250 and bought a CBR600F3, it had a 'moto gp' exhaust on it, it was obnoxiously loud and left me with a rough idle. Since replaced with some generic can but quiter and will do until I decide what way to go.

Parts of the fairing need attention but nothing bad really and the wheels could do with a refurb. Dropped it in to the garage because she had mismatched tyres coming towards end of life and the lads said I bought a good one so fairly chuffed.

Oh and the stupid sticker on the screen is gone already and I've original mirrors on the way.

The mirrors on it now are available to anybody that wants them, i don't want anything for them

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I sold the CBR250 and bought a CBR600F3, it had a 'moto gp' exhaust on it, it was obnoxiously loud and left me with a rough idle. Since replaced with some generic can but quiter and will do until I decide what way to go.

Parts of the fairing need attention but nothing bad really and the wheels could do with a refurb. Dropped it in to the garage because she had mismatched tyres coming towards end of life and the lads said I bought a good one so fairly chuffed.

Oh and the stupid sticker on the screen is gone already and I've original mirrors on the way.

The mirrors on it now are available to anybody that wants them, i don't want anything for them

Looks like you got a pretty clean one.

I'll take the mirrors if you don't want them. Where are you based?

• Advertisement

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Looks like you got a pretty clean one.

I'll take the mirrors if you don't want them. Where are you based?

Drop me a PM, I'm in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Lovely bike.

I have the exact same mirrors on my busa, they are wired into the bike, I haven’t even begun to start looking to see is it block connections or are they soldered. Either way I can’t wait to see the back of them.

Lovely bike.

I have the exact same mirrors on my busa, they are wired into the bike, I haven’t even begun to start looking to see is it block connections or are they soldered. Either way I can’t wait to see the back of them.

Thanks, I'm happy enough with it.

These aren't wired in thankfully, the guy I bought from had the original mirrors but they weren't in great nick. New OEM cost me 60quid for the pair

Go forever machine, enjoy her.

Go forever machine, enjoy her.

I'd have liked a later model but this is still a lovely bike. Insurance wouldn't quote on anything newer than an F3. I'm still on a learner permit although hopefully will have the test done come renewal.

I'd have liked a later model but this is still a lovely bike. Insurance wouldn't quote on anything newer than an F3. I'm still on a learner permit although hopefully will have the test done come renewal.
    Fab bike starting out. Very forgiving but do take your time exploring the upper rpm's, they're no slouch!!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Can you get clear indicators for it? Think that would make it look even nicer. Great looking bike

The big dopey looking orange ones are original and I think I like them ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Who insured you on it as a matter of interest and if you don't mind saying how much. I could get no quote an an F4. Not much difference between them

gn3dr wrote: »
    Who insured you on it as a matter of interest and if you don't mind saying how much. I could get no quote an an F4. Not much difference between them

Principal, they wouldnt quote me on an F4 either.
    I'm 36, learner permit. I paid 780 for the 250 for yhe year, I'm 5 months into that policy and they REFUNDED me 45 quid.

• Advertisement

gn3dr wrote: »

Principal, they wouldnt quote me on an F4 either.
    I'm 36, learner permit. I paid 780 for the CBR250 for the year, I'm 5 months into that policy and they REFUNDED me 45 quid.

Advertisement