Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Principal, they wouldnt quote me on an F4 either.
    I'm 36, learner permit. I paid 780 for the CBR250 for the year, I'm 5 months into that policy and they REFUNDED me 45 quid.
    Thanks. Being insured on the smaller bike first is probably a factor there. Strange that the differentiate between the F3 and F4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭goblin59

Principal, they wouldnt quote me on an F4 either.
    I'm 36, learner permit. I paid 780 for the CBR250 for the year, I'm 5 months into that policy and they REFUNDED me 45 quid.

I'm with principal as well as a learner (only got my IBT in November). Surprised your insurance was that much on the CBR250, i paid €700 for a 800cc GS, (53Kw output) for the year, would have thought the 250 be alot less.

Brand new bike I'm picking up on Friday. Can't wait !!

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/qsYbVsD/Screenshot-2020-07-27-21-59-31-015-com-mi-globalbrowser.jpg&quot; alt="Screenshot-2020-07-27-21-59-31-015-com-mi-globalbrowser" border="0"></a>[/IMG]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/qsYbVsD/Screenshot-2020-07-27-21-59-31-015-com-mi-globalbrowser.jpg&quot; alt="Screenshot-2020-07-27-21-59-31-015-com-mi-globalbrowser" border="0"></a>[/IMG]

Wowsers, say you're over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

goblin59 wrote: »
    I'm with principal as well as a learner (only got my IBT in November). Surprised your insurance was that much on the CBR250, i paid €700 for a 800cc GS, (53Kw output) for the year, would have thought the 250 be alot less.

I got quoted €381 from AXA for Dragstar 650cc Fully Comp, firstly offered €500 3rd party F&T but asked for better so told that discount could be applied cause I’ve closed car insurance and not with AXA either. That’s some drop, best ask all they can say is no. Age plays a huge difference I see.

• Advertisement

H_Lime wrote: »
    Wowsers, say you're over the moon!

Yeah, it was supposed to be arriving so late this year I was going to wait till January to register it so it was a complete surprise to have it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

My 2 babys
    Kawasaki gpz900r
    And my new purchase
    Kawasaki zzr1100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭CharlieR

Nice bike, I have a Gen3 in motorsports.

Word of advice as I stored mine last year in an Strltec garage as was I’ll and bike sweated over winter and fair bit of tarnishing and corrosion. Treated it to a Carcoon bike cocoon this year so will see if that helps. I did have it outside the previous 2 years under an Oxford cover and no issues at all with tarnishing etc only happed when indoors?

If you buy one I didn’t buy from the manufacturer as postage was extortionate and I found it cheaper at Demon Tweeks and postage dirt cheap.

It’s my 2nd one and there great to ride, seeing yours makes me consider trading mine in again.

Here’s mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

oOOH THATS NICE :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭CharlieR

Word of advice as I stored mine last year in an Steltec garage as was I’ll and bike sweated over winter and fair bit of tarnishing and corrosion. Treated it to a Carcoon bike cocoon this year so will see if that helps. I did have it outside the previous 2 years under an Oxford cover and no issues at all with tarnishing etc only happed when indoors?

If you buy one I didn’t buy from the manufacturer as postage was extortionate and I found it cheaper at Demon Tweeks and postage dirt cheap.

It’s my 2nd one and there great to ride, seeing yours makes me consider trading mine in again.

Here’s mine

Again
    Cake and eat it too, good solution! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20200728-155734.jpgblogger image hosting

Raining again.

20200728-155734.jpgblogger image hosting

Raining again.

Love the bars on the firestorm, I've done something similar ish on my blackbird, makes a bike comfy eh. Was there much to be done to fit them?
    Question for ya, has the firestorm ever shook her head or felt unstable much for you? Had one slap a bit on me on a test ride. Buddy has just bought one and was of two minds to recommend him a damper.
    Other machine a bandit 12 yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Love the bars on the firestorm, I've done something similar ish on my blackbird, makes a bike comfy eh. Was there much to be done to fit them?
    Question for ya, has the firestorm ever shook her head or felt unstable much for you? Had one slap a bit on me on a test ride. Buddy has just bought one and was of two minds to recommend him a damper.
    Other machine a bandit 12 yeah?

I don't think the storm needs a damper, it's only around a hundred or so horses. The front can feel a bit light because of the characteristics of the v twin but friendly enough all round. The bars are just a CNC kit handy to do.
    B12 yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bloody congrats, love the new ones a lot. Enjoy and ride safe!

CharlieR wrote: »

Word of advice as I stored mine last year in an Steltec garage as was I’ll and bike sweated over winter and fair bit of tarnishing and corrosion. Treated it to a Carcoon bike cocoon this year so will see if that helps. I did have it outside the previous 2 years under an Oxford cover and no issues at all with tarnishing etc only happed when indoors?

Here’s mine

Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely going to get a better cover than I have. I will acf 50 it aswell so hopefully will stay mint.

Love your colour, I wanted that but you can only get blue now if you buy the m sport version and I wasn't paying another 4 grand just to get a blue bike, didn't really have any interest in the other goodies it had tbh. Carbon wheels and a lithium battery can't be justified when the bike was already north of 20 grand as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Went for a few spins over the weekend and it was bloody hot but absolutely lovely.

Went for a few spins over the weekend and it was bloody hot but absolutely lovely.

I was up around CO fermangh this weekend, melting too! also learnt my tyres hate mud xD

That Ireland?!

• Advertisement

That Ireland?!

Nope. The Swiss Alps down around Kandersteg.

Nope. The Swiss Alps down around Kandersteg.

Ahhhhhh:D was thinking it looked a little too "big" for here.
    Enjoy it and post up more pics. The busa is eating the miles up for ye?

Haha ya the hills are a bit more manish alright than the ones at home.
    The busa is back motoring again alright after the front wheel bearings went in it last week. I'll try alright to take a few more pics but my phone is crap and the pics don't do the place justice.

Haha ya the hills are a bit more manish alright than the ones at home.
    The busa is back motoring again alright after the front wheel bearings went in it last week. I'll try alright to take a few more pics but my phone is crap and the pics don't do the place justice.

I'm hoping to get there next summer to visit some friends after a camping festival in Germany.
    I was in Switzerland last summer, but I didn't have my own transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

116002211_10218233944380648_1560129605802297864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=Mam-YdedlncAX_dSR8x&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=3e03a0e435d16ed583a867aea7d3c020&oe=5F471DB4

Evening spin with a friend on his Ducati, the Sea to Sky highway in Vancouver is a gift from god himself for rides like this. We went up in 30degree heat but it cooled off to the high teens around the time we took this, sun setting, perfect weather.

This might have been on of my favourite moments on a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Out for a wee spin today, grand evening for it. Snap taken @ Bunratty Castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Eventually all sorted tax insurance & Ibt
    521612.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Done a lot of work on my Dragstar over the last few weeks. Old is Red/Black

tqCWRfel.jpg

Crap tonne of sanding, removing old dead bolts and replacing them followed by patient priming and painting while it's not raining and it's nearly done.

nZNjK8Al.jpg
    DbF2tCyl.jpg
    YpsOtmFl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Absolutely bricked it going up, its a scary climb if you're afraid of heights (and plunging to your death off the side :) )

uGgtDWO.png

• Advertisement

Absolutely bricked it going up, its a scary climb if you're afraid of heights (and plunging to your death off the side :) )

uGgtDWO.png

How are you finding the tourances, assuming that's what they are?
    Love mine, very neutral and no road noise.

Advertisement