Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I was till March this year my friend. Back home in Monaghan now, only reason I could get insured is cause the bikes stored in a Garage so I'll be staying here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I was till March this year my friend. Back home in Monaghan now, only reason I could get insured is cause the bikes stored in a Garage so I'll be staying here :)

Be hard to miss that yoke around. Never really looked at KTMs much till I got talking to a lad in work here with a Super Duke. Then I started looking. And walked down to dealership. Now I want one....

Well wear anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭goblin59

I'm up in Fermanagh at the moment with the F650GS,
    Building a DR650se from parts though at the moment! Was in Monaghan a few weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

goblin59 wrote: »
    Building a DR650se from parts though at the moment! Was in Monaghan a few weeks ago

Would love to see that;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

There's a nice twisty road from Cootehill to Ballybay if you're looking for a small route :) Going there today with a friend.

• Advertisement

Here it is in its current state.
    I'm off to a place tomorrow to see about bead blasting and powder coating the frame and a few other bits.

There's a nice twisty road from Cootehill to Ballybay if you're looking for a small route :) Going there today with a friend.

I might have done that during the summer, I took the back roads to Cootehill before.

Heading to Monaghan on Wednesday, registering a German import to a southern reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Hoping to get some decent mileage on the clock today.
    We should do a meet up before Xmas maybe in Howth some Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Hoping to get some decent mileage on the clock today.
    We should do a meet up before Xmas maybe in Howth some Sunday.

New to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

zubair wrote: »
    New to you?

Yup that's a 202 Reg. I changed it from my previous 2015 CB500F.

I am a sucker for a Honda CB..Before that it was a CBF250! :pac:

• Advertisement

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Yup that's a 202 Reg. I changed it from my previous 2015 CB500F.

I am a sucker for a Honda CB..Before that it was a CBF250! :pac:

Well wear!

I've seen a CB300R in the work car park a few times, lovely little bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

35zxlcpmld261.jpg

Cleaned out the back of my garage over the weekend and found this. Roll on the good weather...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Snapped this up last week - always regretted selling the previous one and they are getting even more rare in good condition now. Full Akra system and 4k miles - it was stored in a heated garage for 8 years!

DSC-0084.jpgupload photos

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

batman_oh wrote: »
    Snapped this up last week - always regretted selling the previous one and they are getting even more rare in good condition now. Full Akra system and 4k miles - it was stored in a heated garage for 8 years!

DSC-0084.jpgupload photos

Wheelie machines them 990s are.
    Happy Riding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I still regret selling my 990sm back in 2013 - well done finding such a clean one!

Looks like fun!!

I still regret selling my 990sm back in 2013 - well done finding such a clean one!

one just popped up on city spares, just seen it on instagram there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Yeah there really isn't anything like them. I've had a few goes of a hypermotard 950sp recently and it's flash but just doesn't work as well on the back roads that I want this for.

Only 1 way to ride a 990sm.....;)

534838.jpg

Make sure you upgrade the water pump impellor,do the water pump shaft,seal and bearing,and fit a low temp fan switch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

one just popped up on city spares, just seen it on instagram there

I'm seriously thinking of getting the one in City Spares. Seems like a good deal.

Oh and do the 0.5mm clutch oil jet mod too.
    Makes a huge difference.

No second to first and first to second anymore. Same on rotax.

You can buy the 0.5mm oil jet from zen overlanders on ebay for a fiver,or bring the existing 1 to a watch repair shop and ask them to drill it out to 0.5mm.
    I went with the Ebay option and bought 2 of them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTM-Clutch-Oil-Jet-0-5mm-LC8-Adventure-Super-Enduro-950-990-RC8-Stops-Judder/154197292126?hash=item23e6dff45e:g:H1kAAOSwmwtaMSSe

On the rotax you get one shot with a good screw driver or you mangle it. Tis sunken in the casting bout 2 inch down on mine. About 30% of fellas who went at it wrecked it and left as is:eek:

H_Lime wrote: »
    On the rotax you get one shot with a good screw driver or you mangle it. Tis sunken in the casting bout 2 inch down on mine. About 30% of fellas who went at it wrecked it and left as is:eek:

That's the same on the LC8 engines.
    Pain in the hole,but bit of time,a flathead and a bit of tube does a great job.
    Slow and steady with the screwdriver too.

Pain in the hole,but bit of time,a flathead and a bit of tube does a great job.
    Slow and steady

That's what she said.

zubair wrote: »
    That's what she said.

:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

New toy I picked up today.

• Advertisement

scudster wrote: »
    New toy I picked up today.