Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭goblin59

Put a deposit down on this one. It has not been released in Europe yet but should be available later in spring.

royal-enfield-meteor-350-stellar.jpg

how much is that setting you back?
    Looks like a similar engine to the Himalayan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

goblin59 wrote: »
    how much is that setting you back?
    Looks like a similar engine to the Himalayan

€5k. Its a new engine and chassis apparently. It lacks the ooomph needed for medium or long distance cruising but it is unlikely I will ever have it outside the pale.

€5k. Its a new engine and chassis apparently. It lacks the ooomph needed for medium or long distance cruising but it is unlikely I will ever have it outside the pale.

for 5k you getting alot of bike. That google directions thing looks interesting.
    Looks a bit like the beeline

for 5k you getting alot of bike. That google directions thing looks interesting.
    Looks a bit like the beeline

If the build quality is on a par or better than the interceptor or himalayan then the bike will be a winner.
    If not then the 3 year warranty with roadside assist will be getting overuse.

If the build quality is on a par or better than the interceptor or himalayan then the bike will be a winner.

I think it will do well, especially at that price tag.
    Will appeal to alot of A2 riders too, looks the part and insurance friendly.

I wonder will it be modification friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Definitely 3 years?

I got 2 years on the Himalayan but that was in 2019.

Definitely 3 years?

I got 2 years on the Himalayan but that was in 2019.

That is what they are saying, 3 years in ireland. If that holds true when the bike is released it is a big statement to them believing in their build quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Give the bike a clean and get a coffee. Just about as good as it gets at the minute. :p

541550.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Give the bike a clean and get a coffee. Just about as good as it gets at the minute. :p

541550.jpg

Nice squared away machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

H_Lime wrote: »
    Nice squared away machine.

A new phrase on me, thank you sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

My high maintenance Italian twins

rustynutz wrote: »
    Would love a go of the motard, whatsit like? Which is more fun?

Would love a go of the motard, whatsit like? Which is more fun?

The hypermotard wins every time, lovely riding position, the engine is great, old school air cooled with loads of grunt. Handles like a motox bike, you can have loads of fun without the silly speeds you need to be doing to have fun on the 1098s

The hypermotard wins every time, lovely riding position, the engine is great, old school air cooled with loads of grunt. Handles like a motox bike, you can have loads of fun without the silly speeds you need to be doing to have fun on the 1098s

I predict some thing like this in my furure. I don't need horsepower on the backroads.
    How's maintenance on them?

I predict some thing like this in my furure. I don't need horsepower on the backroads.
    How's maintenance on them?

Probably the more reliable of the Ducati engines, its around a while and used in the monster etc. Just oil changes and of course timing belts so far for me, no bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

A nice duo. I have been baby sitting a 950SP Hyper since October (owner fecked off to Switzerland). Had a couple of shots of it and it's great fun.

Sportsbikes are ok for the right type of spin the odd time but you can't beat something like these for actual enjoyment on the type of twisty roads we have.

IMG-20201003-163351.jpg

batman_oh wrote: »
    A nice duo. I have been baby sitting a 950SP Hyper since October (owner fecked off to Switzerland). Had a couple of shots of it and it's great fun.

Sportsbikes are ok for the right type of spin the odd time but you can't beat something like these for actual enjoyment on the type of twisty roads we have.

IMG-20201003-163351.jpg

How is the KTM for reliability/every day use? The superduke is high in the running for my next bike.

How is the KTM for reliability/every day use? The superduke is high in the running for my next bike.

Like all KTM's they can give the odd issue. The engine's tend to be solid but they definitely are more likely to do something random than a Japanese bike (but then all the Euro bikes are like this!).
    I put 20000km on my last one over 2 years of mostly fast spinning and hundreds of wheelies (I'd classify as harder use than average) and didn't have anything major outside of the ordinary besides replacing clutch plates as the very first versions were known to slip a bit when you added the full Akra system (the springs weren't strong enough and were changed in 2016). The current one has 10000km on it and the only thing it's done wrong so far is the stupid keyless fob throwing a wobbler. Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery fixed it.
    The main big issue I've seen from reading forums and groups etc. is leaking radiators - managed to avoid so far!
    I'd say they should be fine for general use and commuting - just cover all the bolts and stuff in ACF50 if using it through our winters

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

batman_oh wrote: »

IMG-20201003-163351.jpg

Superduke R is my next go to - well wear man - looks incredible

Finished rebuilding this 1996 Suzuki DR650se
    **** i hate image hosting sites, can't get the image to link xD

https://imgur.com/a/pQkR9r0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Finished rebuilding this 1996 Suzuki DR650se
    **** i hate image hosting sites, can't get the image to link xD

https://imgur.com/a/pQkR9r0

Here ya go.
    b-GOd-W6-Y-d.png

Nice job.
    I like the colour.
    What you going to do next?

vUAOaWl.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    Here ya go.
    b-GOd-W6-Y-d.png

Nice job.
    I like the colour.
    What you going to do next?

Cheers!!
    Was a good learning experience building it from parts, plus took up nearly 2 months I'd just be sitting on my arse doing nothing

Once the lockdown lifts, the plan is to get it dirty!!
    Ideally if restrictions lift during the summer, I'll take it over to Europe and do some of the TET.

Rx713B wrote: »
    Superduke R is my next go to - well wear man - looks incredible

Cheers. Try to get one with full system or at least decat and mapping. Heavily neutered standard

vUAOaWl.jpg

Would very much like a go!
    What's she like?

Would very much like a go!
    What's she like?

Yea its great !, wheelie machine to be fair - and enough poke for the twistys. Sounds unreal also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

vUAOaWl.jpg

How tall is the seat height on that? .......was in the shop with big windows the other week looking at some traily type bikes.......my jaysus I'm 5'10" and would need a ladder to get a leg up on the seat :D

sonofenoch wrote: »
    How tall is the seat height on that? .......was in the shop with big windows the other week looking at some traily type bikes.......my jaysus I'm 5'10" and would need a ladder to get a leg up on the seat :D

Very tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

blade1 wrote: »
    Very tall.

Stabilizers would be the way to go so :D

• Advertisement

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Stabilizers would be the way to go so :D

Only is they operated like landing wheels :pac:

Advertisement