Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

unklerosco wrote: »
    Finished at last, got out for a short spin this morn.. Need to get tax and a plate done up before I take her out for a propper spin.. Time to enjoy the summer before I strip it down over the winter for a damn good clean and finish all the bits I didn't get a chance to do this time..

DSCF3141.JPG

DSCF3145.JPG

want:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

252002_10150252676017665_519852664_7670754_8244759_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Zascar, savage bike, do you mind telling us what it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

awww zascar! *drool*

ill be looking out for you on the streets of dublin! dont think id miss ya though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

:D thanks, I really am delighted. I literally gasp every time I see the bike - or a photo of it - as I have her in with my mechanic since the day after I brought her home. I can't bloody wait to get her back tomorrow!!!

So it was listed online for €5,500, but in the end I got it for €4,650 - a huge saving, but its not perfect and I do have to spend some money on it. Needs a new battery, and only has one key so I need to get them done. I may also need to get the belts done, they have very little mileage on them but they were done two years ago and apparently they need to be done every two years regardless of mileage. Seems a bit silly to me but my mechanic said he'd give them a good inspection and let me know. Anyway I just want to get her tip top shape and not have anything to worry about. I sold my monster for €3,150 - so basically I got a way better bike, in much better condition, with half the milage, for €1,500 so I'm very happy with myself. Amazing considering 2 weeks ago I was telling everyone I'm definitely not getting new bike and I'm going to make do with what I have for the moment and save up some money. Ahh, spur of the moment decisions, gotta love em!

Now who's up for a spin this weekend!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Zascar wrote: »

Now who's up for a spin this weekend!!! :D
    Skerries?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sounds good! I have not ridden around there in years! When and where? Anyone else up for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Zascar wrote: »
    Sounds good! I have not ridden around there in years! When and where? Anyone else up for it?
    I'm im Malahide, so where/whenever is sound with me.. (morning preferably)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Only seeing this now mate, hope the trip went well........Have to laugh though as you still have the plastic on the paddock stand:D:D:D
    Went great apart from the crap weather I got... :(

And I removed the plastic recently! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

So, the cb250 didn't work out (see earlier post). Fair play to the seller, he called me the evening before it was due for collection to explain it was "no longer running correctly".
    Never mind, I found this in Scotland the same night and picked it up today! :D
    It's pretty much spotless.
    Picture063.jpg
    The chap I bought it off had an sv650 cafe racer in the garage. It was stunning. He has a full build thread for anyone with an hour to spare. Well worth the time.
    http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=153421
    And for those in a hurry, here's his finished product:
    SV650CafeRacer9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Nice SV, it's a lot like the one I just sold ;)

Bit of a trek to Scotland but you made a hell of a saving if I remember the price correctly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Nice SV, it's a lot like the one I just sold ;)

Bit of a trek to Scotland but you made a hell of a saving if I remember the price correctly :)

Yep - I reckon I saved 500Euro by making the trip. The chap was in Ayrshire so on the right side of the country, and a ferry port nearby to boot.
    Always a gamble when you buy without riding, but it was a good honest ad and everything added up to it being a nice tidy usable machine.

:D

Another bonus, I got to eyeball the Ducati Diavel in the flesh. Awesome machine. On my lotto win shopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Finally a pic of my bike:D Oh there is actually a dbl bubble screen on it now since that pic was taken
    picture.php?albumid=1796&pictureid=10215

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Here's my baby, ten years old and I don't expect to change it anytime soon.
    IMG_5316.jpg
    efnfoog4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Heres my steed. Washed it for the first time in 2 1/2 years. She doesnt scrub up too bad eh!

Topbox has DIY running and brake LED strips.
    [IMG][/img]img0482g.jpg

[IMG][/img]img0484f.jpg

Left a deposit on this last night. Would have bought it but got my first pay from my new job over here by cheque instead of bank transfer, so gotta wait a week for the fvcking thing to clear :mad:

169356.JPG

Picture doesn't do it justice, it's really really clean :D Scuff on the front mudguard but it's coming with a carbon fibre replacement to match the bellypan & rear hugger :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Savage bike, matey. I hope she'll be a good companion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Looks god Kami! Even in canary yellow! :p

Looks god Kami! Even in canary yellow! :p

It's the fastest colour! Do you not even know that much?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

It's the fastest colour! Do you not even know that much?? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but everyone knows that red bikes are faster. :P

• Advertisement

Yep, its a scientifically proven fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Left a deposit on this last night. Would have bought it but got my first pay from my new job over here by cheque instead of bank transfer, so gotta wait a week for the fvcking thing to clear :mad:

169356.JPG

Picture doesn't do it justice, it's really really clean :D Scuff on the front mudguard but it's coming with a carbon fibre replacement to match the bellypan & rear hugger :cool:

Propper bike kazi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

169356.JPG

Never been on a VTR. Anyone know how it compares to a CBR 1000. Do you find much difference in the handling/performance ?

Got to pick her up today, was a nice two hour spin home (takes 3h15m in the car LOL)

Love it :D

Nice size and power increase from the SV :D

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNzIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNzMuanBn.jpg

And my insurance only set me back £33 per month, including breakdown & legal cover :D

Oh and never been on a CBR1000, but I couldn't see myself on an IL4 bike, V2s are too much fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Para1

282577_2268098180278_1183286979_2711377_1379091_n.jpg

281486_2268098700291_1183286979_2711378_1411898_n.jpg

pictures from the done deal add but i swear i bought it :D havent had a chance to take any of my own yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Para1 wrote: »
    282577_2268098180278_1183286979_2711377_1379091_n.jpg

281486_2268098700291_1183286979_2711378_1411898_n.jpg

pictures from the done deal add but i swear i bought it :D havent had a chance to take any of my own yet!

Sweet!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 czech

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Boskowski wrote: »
    She's not much of a looker right now but she's clean enough and with a bit of tlc she'll come good eventually. Engine needs eventually some tlc as well but runs fine for the moment.

I have to confess I traded the above in and got an almost identical replacement which I'm now done tidying up with. Quite a bit of stuff actually including a 12V conversion.
    This one is the white design which I always preferred anyway. 1979, original bar the 12V stuff and she is just lovely all round. Runs like a charm too. She's a keeper.

171348.jpg

171349.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 taffyz

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

taffyz wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D

Where the pic taken?

Advertisement