Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

WOW!! :eek: That's mint!! Great job.

This was the bike when I picked it up

Scrap.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Some difference alright - that really is amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Still doing the odd few bits to it, here she is at the moment...

IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0265.jpg

1999 Honda Hornet 600

Hornet 600 was my first proper bike a few years back. Great machine. That's a fine example too. Same colour as the one I had. Blue ones are faster anyway! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Hornet 600 was my first proper bike a few years back. Great machine. That's a fine example too. Same colour as the one I had. Blue ones are faster anyway! :cool:

I've had it over 4 years now! its never steered me wrong and has always been upright! I love it, its kinda like a project bike but at the same time its my daily, in saying that I have a car too so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would take a Hornet over a bandit or similar anyday as a starter bike...I love them. Great looks and feel to them that is a cracker too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Few from Mondello, cheers to Andy Quinn for taking the pictures!

davin.jpg
    davin1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Do I need a new helmet?.

howthbike1.jpg

That's a very clean machine. Fair play, especially the weather we've been having.

That's a very clean machine. Fair play, especially the weather we've been having.

Thanks, tbh its all down to the previous owner.. He kept her garaged, immaculate & she came with a full service history from Joe Duffy's BMW.

Five minutes with a warm soapy sponge and a rinse and she's brand new again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 calledforduty

broom broom

broom broom

LOVE the 636's anyway, but that is a spectacular example! Love the polished rims and Devil stubby. I bet there's some crack off her!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 calledforduty

yea shes fun to drive......good head turner.....great sound
    still adding bits to her.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭Wossack

69AE8D75-0452-4C0A-AA68-3369CC0011C9-1481-0000010CCFA9B024.jpg

zx is getting there - rear end mostly done, bar a bit of touch up on the swingarm. Front needs doing next, front calipers in particular are in a bad way (thats not blur, thats anodizing flaking off :P (well, its mostly blur))

broom broom

Silver alloys really set the bike off....really nice boike. ;)

Wossack wrote: »
    69AE8D75-0452-4C0A-AA68-3369CC0011C9-1481-0000010CCFA9B024.jpg

zx is getting there - rear end mostly done, bar a bit of touch up on the swingarm. Front needs doing next, front calipers in particular are in a bad way (thats not blur, thats anodizing flaking off :P (well, its mostly blur))

Very clean bike wossy, lovely colour not too many around in that scheme that I have seen. Should come for a spin with us some Sunday. Would love to see it in the flesh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 slickchicksmcc

Here is mine... Black Beauty :P

tumblr_mbn9t4W6hT1r8wihmo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Here is mine... Black Beauty :P
    Thats a clean looking fazer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 slickchicksmcc

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Thats a clean looking fazer!!!

Thanks, I looks after her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Very clean bike wossy, lovely colour not too many around in that scheme that I have seen. Should come for a spin with us some Sunday. Would love to see it in the flesh :)

thanks, yea took a while to find on in this colour alright (heresy talk to some/most kwack owners!)

unfort my weekends are booked solid right up to christmas - that pic is actually the bike going into storage in gran's garage :( house getting done up, so no extra bike riding/tinkering for the foreseeable sadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

img0023da.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1975 Suzuki GT380. Kick starts so easily. Horn is feeble tho. Nice sound and smell.

Such a lovely bike..love the old disc brake on the front, I bet the brakes are terrible on her all the same. CRACKER!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The brakes are okay on it. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

my current toy........
    545899_10151002297626901_422055877_n.jpg
    418988_10151002296961901_1259629964_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

my old fireblade..
    2065_50219731900_8080_n.jpg
    2065_50219696900_6173_n.jpg
    had a GSXR 750 & an R6 for a while too.......
    25255_370369096900_4837483_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

@charlie - gorgeous bikes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

I've only ever liked Yamaha's in blue, but that R6 is fabulous. :O

49498642.jpg

In a country full of mopeds, this bike is huge.. Can't park it anywhere without a small crowd around it checking it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

In a country full of mopeds, this bike is huge.. Can't park it anywhere without a small crowd around it checking it out.

how did you get a bike that size in Hanoi? thought nothing that size was allowed in Vietnam

Coyote wrote: »
    how did you get a bike that size in Hanoi? thought nothing that size was allowed in Vietnam

They are sometimes.. If you're in the party and join the motorbike club, you can the license. Regular folk can buy the license sometimes and it's almost impossible for foreigners.
    Probably about 75% of big bikes have no papers, 20% have fake papers and 5% have real papers. This one is likely in the 20%. The only people who own them are the people who can afford to lose them at the drop of a hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

My pride and joy! Bought her about a month ago. It's my first step up to the big bikes after being off the road for a year and a half and previously driving a Varadero 125. Having so much fun on my new bike!

UQKEvl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Myself and my mate rented a couple of Enfields in Kathmandu from a club and I was telling them about my Busa and the other bikes I owned and they just glared at me like I was talking out my arse.

2012-10-13%252015.50.53.jpg

Was out for a spin on Saturday.Had a MaccyDees in Newbridge and took a spin into the bog on the way home!

Brave man on them roads!! Good on ya! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Brave man on them roads!! Good on ya! :D

He has the right bike for it!

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭franorzxrh2

my zxr h2

my zxr h2

What year is that?

They dont make em like that anymore...the old hoover pipes on the tanks as we called them back in the day. Mate of mine had one in the kwacker green years ago and he taught it was the dawgs danglies.....;). Think he still has it in the mothers garage but its the worst for wear now, shame really.

BTW, lovely dog.

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭franorzxrh2

haha cheers!!shes 89!!,i absolutely love it!!its off the road for a few weeks now after somebody stole it and dropped it!!thankfully they wer caught on it!theyl get wat they deserve!!now the painfull part of trying to scource parts for it!! ha thanks

Ahh **** sorry to hear that....best of luck with restoring her back to full health.

Here are my babies.......

Mate of mine on the back of the LML is a 'real-biker'. We arrived in style with him on the back to a bike/tattoo festival. Lads on the gate had a good giggle and left us in free :D

399315_10150883534035807_604663240_n.jpg

Here's the latest addition - a '96 400cc Bandit. Nice clean bike, and a nice one to earn my chops on. Fear not, the ****ty sticker on the tank has long since been removed!

398382_10151197452214429_327328849_n.jpg

• Advertisement

my zxr h2

Nice!! My brother had one of them. Class bike.

Nice doggie too BTW! :D

ha ha One in the pink....one in the stink

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

just finished the paint and tidy up on my t5. my wrist is killing me after the ride home. too long. anyway.. IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0123.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg

Jaysus thats clean, very unusual looking scooter....love the hub cap on the front wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭goodlad

I just finished doing a few upgrades :D

picture.php?albumid=1900&pictureid=14123

Absolute minter m8...looking spotless.

Thats a minter, now cover it in WD40 for the winter :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭goodlad

Thats a minter, now cover it in WD40 for the winter :(

Sure it survived last winter grand. Im sure this one will be alright! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Here's my 2000 reg BMW F650 ST
    20121022215434.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

^^ Funny you posted that, Looked at quite a few Funduro's over the last few weeks. Very popular over here...

Then found this and snapped it up quick, they dont hang about :

2000 F650GS

240455411_full.jpg

240455419_full.jpg

240455347_full.jpg

Full history with 77k
    New clutch, waterpump, fork seals, Conti attack tyres, Full GIVI luggage system (pretty obvious), New WOF, (bike NCT) etc etc.

Just got my NZ restricted Learners :rolleyes:

Advertisement