Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

Foot pedal is the back brake. right hand lever the front break. Left lever clutch, left grip twists up and down to change gear.
    Like this (not my hand)

small_Miketattooonhandlebar.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

small_Miketattooonhandlebar.jpg

Great tattoo for a scooterist.

Of all the bikes I've owned over the last 25yrs the Vespa PX200E was my favourite, absolutely loved it.

Regrettably I sold it to someone who thought better of it than to pay me, I believe its in crates in his shed or something and despite repeated calls and texts I haven't heard a word in over 12 months.. But I still have the paperwork on the bike so someday I'll have it back.

193227.JPG

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭amacca

193227.JPG

:mad:

Thats one of the scariest photos I've seen in a long long time (the scooter makes it even more menacing)

I definitely wouldn't fail to pay you for something I bought off you:pac:....perhaps you should mail it to yer man

amacca wrote: »
    Thats one of the scariest photos I've seen in a long long time (the scooter makes it even more menacing)

I definitely wouldn't fail to pay you for something I bought off you:pac:....perhaps you should mail it to yer man

Its the stupidest thing I done tbh.

I loved the bike but I wasn't using it at the time, my son was looking for money for a car so I decided the bike had to go - I believed it was going to a very good home.

In the end I ended up giving my son my own car, and I bought another bike (Zephyr in this thread)... Sorry for bringing the thread off topic but lesson learned - don't trust a soul with something you love.

Back on topic with a photo from yesteryear!.

2001 and my daughter when she was a little girl :D

193233.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

......now I know where your brother Jim got the scooter buzz from :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Picked my Blade up today :D

IMAG0120.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

8bcbef0c.jpg

Out today and in before the snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Picked my Blade up today :D
    Crikey that's nice! Well wear and many enjoyable miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

Here's my one. before and one with the beast of an exhaust system :D
    sorry about the pic quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Here's my beast. Does 240 miles/week without a bother on E12 of petrol. The 'saddlebag' aka kid's rucksack was 50c from a charity shop. I've had this bike for more than 3 years and it's up there with the GPz 550 I had years ago. Hardly ever get a nod from other bikers on it but that's their problem not mine. It doesn't owe me a penny but it does however need a new exhaust now so if anyone knows of one going cheap, preferably without holes ....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

fleabag wrote: »
    Here's my beast. Does 240 miles/week without a bother on E12 of petrol. The 'saddlebag' aka kid's rucksack was 50c from a charity shop. I've had this bike for more than 3 years and it's up there with the GPz 550 I had years ago. Hardly ever get a nod from other bikers on it but that's their problem not mine. It doesn't owe me a penny but it does however need a new exhaust now so if anyone knows of one going cheap, preferably without holes ....:)

Could do with a wash and a non pink saddle bag but other than that its nice.

Deadly :D

I like photos of bikes like that, little bruisers. Lots of character :p

Gave her a clean today after it got destroyed on the way home yesterday!

blade1.jpg

and installed my phone mount

blade2.jpg

Anyone know what this connection is for? I'm guessing it's for an Optimate or something like that..

blade3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

You need to get yourself a couple of "46" decals in luminous yellow, and schtick them on the side there!!! :pac:

Savage machine mate, well wear!

Took my gsr out for its first proper run today, loved every minute of it.

20120219_142236.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

lovely rat you have there mate

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Here's my machine, Have it a week today :)
    AliPOb0CEAESM1s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

For the page that's in it :D

The+doctor.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cracking bike there Kami - delighted for you! It does not seem like long since we went on a rideout and you had only just got your first bike, and now you have a blade! So do you intend to keep this for a while or will hyou get bored and want something else within a few months hehehehe! Busa maybe? :D

Zascar wrote: »
    Cracking bike there Kami - delighted for you! It does not seem like long since we went on a rideout and you had only just got your first bike, and now you have a blade! So do you intend to keep this for a while or will hyou get bored and want something else within a few months hehehehe! Busa maybe? :D

This one's a keeper, for at least a year :cool:

Yea I remember that rideout, first I went on, wobbled my way through Wicklow :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Seanbass wrote: »
    Here's my one. before and one with the beast of an exhaust system :D
    sorry about the pic quality!
    Was never a fan of Kawazaki but man, over the past couple of years it's getting harder and harder to ignore them! Great looking bike!

Anyone know what this connection is for? I'm guessing it's for an Optimate or something like that..

blade3.jpg
    Good man Kami! I'm delighted for you! Those 'blades are simply brilliant bikes! ;)

Have you opened the throttle wide yet? I remember the first time I gave mine the beans when I came back from buying her and the front wheel lifted effortlessly and I thought to myself "I'll be dead within a week"... lol

Not sure if that connection is for a standard aftermarket battery optimiser but I know for sure Honda didn't put it there! Did you ask the previous owner?

Anyway, keep her lit and shiny side up! And do me a favour, before you bring her to Anglesea, check how much new fairings are in a Honda dealership. You'll understand why I asked when you find out! :D

Good man Kami! I'm delighted for you! Those 'blades are simply brilliant bikes! ;)

Have you opened the throttle wide yet? I remember the first time I gave mine the beans when I came back from buying her and the front wheel lifted effortlessly and I thought to myself "I'll be dead within a week"... lol

Not sure if that connection is for a standard aftermarket battery optimiser but I know for sure Honda didn't put it there! Did you ask the previous owner?

Anyway, keep her lit and shiny side up! And do me a favour, before you bring her to Anglesea, check how much new fairings are in a Honda dealership. You'll understand why I asked when you find out! :D

Gave her a good trashing on the way to and from work today (120 miles of twisties).

Yeah had the throttle wide open a few times and looked a bit like this while doing it: :D

I've never gotten to or from as work as fast as I did today LMAO

And do me a favour, before you bring her to Anglesea, check how much new fairings are in a Honda dealership. You'll understand why I asked when you find out! :D

Two words: trackday insurance

:pac:

Gave her a good trashing on the way to and from work today (120 miles of twisties).

Yeah had the throttle wide open a few times and looked a bit like this while doing it: :D

I've never gotten to or from as work as fast as I did today LMAO
    Jesus! That was either a huge detour or you have a hell of a long commute!!!

Jesus! That was either a huge detour or you have a hell of a long commute!!!

Long commute!! work from home most of the time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Long commute!! work from home most of the time ;)

Any excuse for a buzz eh??? LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Looks exactly like the oximiser lead i fitted a while back. Check back and see if it connected directly to the batt terminals to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Picture of my bike with the L plate removed. Yay. Just passed by UK Direct Access test.

Now for the difficult test of finding a new bike to replace it with.

IMAG0007-1-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

Was never a fan of Kawazaki but man, over the past couple of years it's getting harder and harder to ignore them! Great looking bike!

thanks man,
    really never liked them?
    the engines are always crazy but rock solid,
    we have 6 or so of them in various states of repair in the garage so Ive kind of got them beaten into me from young, always loved the ninja's haha

Advertisement