Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Great looking bike Gary, best of luck with her, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh on one of the Sunday Spins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAtocork

Here is my KLR 650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

My new and first ever bike. Having fierce trouble getting the hang of it though.

259585.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Very but very nice bike / big + for color scheme|!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Cheers. Have commuted a number of times now and am getting comfortable with her. Took her on a 214k trip into the outback today (I'm in Brisbane). Went over a very twisty set of mountains and then out onto open countryside, sweeping turns etc. All great.

I've heaps to learn re roadcraft... Being in the right gear, downshifting in time (found out that late downshifting and not matching revs makes the arse slide). Trying to hammer into myself to look where I want to go not where I'm going and the fine art of cornering... I think that will take the longest to get right.

Sore on the throttle wrist after 200k as well but I think a lot of that is because my gloves need to be a size smaller, something I'll rectify shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

200k means 200.000 lol.. About the wrist pain. Try to hold your bike between your legs. I mean hold it the tank with your legs, and use handlebars only for turning and soft rest. The pain will be gone and u will become better driver.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    200k means 200.000 lol.. About the wrist pain. Try to hold your bike between your legs. I mean hold it the tank with your legs, and use handlebars only for turning and soft rest. The pain will be gone and u will become better driver.

I still have to concentrate on doing this on long trips with upto 8 hours a day.. My wrists were really sore for the first two days on my last trip. So used to city driving where the wrists don't get sore and consciously holding the bike is fairly unnecessary with all the stop starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

My wrists and arms do be quite sore over long trips. I find fast roads are the worst. Once I'm on twisty nice roads the pain goes. I think that is because I do hold onto the tank with my legs more on these roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I have tried to hold onto the tank with my legs but my legs do be bolloxed after about 2 minutes. On long straight roads i tend relax my arms a lot but sure on the twistys its all in my arms and i cant grip the tank for **** with my legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

After being away for a couple of weeks I was dying to get out for a spin on the bike yesterday so I decided to get started on the 2013 Irish Photo Rally. Just the one to begin with:

DSCF2073-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Myself a noel out for the sunday spin.Picture was taken whenn we called into Lookbehindyou who we then did a couple of miles with:D:D

9142988166_67cff6f44b_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Photo taken an hour ago at a junction that will be familiar to a lot of ye...

971293_10151758557239789_456245870_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mossymillion

K4 gixxer 750

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Of the two.....my old yoke was the one that made it home! :) Mind you he broke down in the carpark of lee honda so he was lucky in that regard!!

8987438570_96e61e2da2.jpg
    Untitled by KingIsabella, on Flickr

9178269492_98e61997aa.jpg
    Untitled by KingIsabella, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Been a while since I posted a pic of her, got the new belly pan after my encounter with the kamikaze duck just need to stop riding and put it on, everytime i go out to put the belly pan out I end up going for a spin :rolleyes:

Z434ZLf.jpg

Ah would ya g'way outa that! Where is the new bike?

goodlad wrote: »
    Ah would ya g'way outa that! Where is the new bike?

Don't talk to me lad, the guy decided to not to sell it now! Still on the hunt for a Blackbird, have one in cork I have my eye on but I can't get to it till the weekend. I viewed 8 blackbird's int he last 2 weeks and they were nothing like what the add's described, people putting pictures from 10 years ago on adds and wonder why I get pissed off when they show up with half a bike! :mad:

Man that sucks... did he at least tell you he wasn't selling it before ya crossed the pond to see it?

When i was changing my bandit i had the same ****e as you. I must of seen about 10 bikes and not one of them was as described. Its part of the reason i ended up buying from Andys. Went in and had a look around. He has a silly amount of bikes tbh! Found one i liked (sv) and bought it. Ya should pop into his place and take a look around.

What day are ya taking a spin to cork?

Man that sucks... did he at least tell you he wasn't selling it before ya crossed the pond to see it?

When i was changing my bandit i had the same ****e as you. I must of seen about 10 bikes and not one of them was as described. Its part of the reason i ended up buying from Andys. Went in and had a look around. He has a silly amount of bikes tbh! Found one i liked (sv) and bought it. Ya should pop into his place and take a look around.

What day are ya taking a spin to cork?

Yeah it was just an hour before I booked my tickets thank god!

Just sold the FZ6, I'm bikeless! :(

Sure at least it sold fast for you and now you can get something else. Sure jump on the back of one of the lads bikes for the trip to cork or maybe Mick will sort ya with something for the trip.

Are you sold on getting a blackbird or still looking at other bikes?

• Advertisement

Are you sold on getting a blackbird or still looking at other bikes?

Looking at others too, but only seen blackbirds at the moment, nothing else yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Few pictures from Donington Park, what an absolutely cracking circuit :D Love the section from turn 1, down Craner curves, then back up Schwantz section, flowing and really fast! Can't wait to get back there again.

AJP_0783_zps304462a2.jpg
    AJP_0980_zps4b924761.jpg

Easy to see it's a novice class, look at those lines :D

AJP_5127_zps841c1841.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Looking at others too, but only seen blackbirds at the moment, nothing else yet.

You will love the Blackbird blu3 it really can so it all. Fast, reliable and very comfortable. And IMHO it still looks better then alot of bikes being made today.

Here is the new mistress....The difference from the FZ6 is unreal, so smooth and planted! I definitely need to raisers for the clipon's though its just too forward for me, might get the VFR clip-ons. Also I haven't tried yet but I don't think its going to fit through the side gate so it can be parked at the back :mad:, will have to widen the gate/wall.

9208456005_a105a401eb_h.jpg

9208431603_67ee8558e0_h.jpg

9208439531_9ad719aed4_h.jpg

9208443317_df0279be06_b.jpg

9208452337_f53b376ec4_h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

She looks fantastic Blu. Cant wait to see it in the flesh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

She looks great mate, best of luck with her :cool:

Tis stunning dude. We can do a swap some Sunday for an hour or two :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Do you have the full luggage for the bike?

P.C. wrote: »
    Do you have the full luggage for the bike?

Side cases, no top box but I can use one of the side cases as a top box too. Monolock from givi or something like that.

• Advertisement

Sure the back boxes are not too expensive anyway. Ya seen my sv with a full givi luggage kit on it. Its brilliant the amount of stuff you can cram into the full kit.

Advertisement