Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not my bike (Aaron Boyd) but a badly damaged GSXR from a head on with a pole at my marshal point in Killilane yesterday. Rider was fine but nasty crash all the same....you can see where the handlebars snapped upon impact!
    Some fun trying to get it into the recovery van.
    f3ea.jpg

Full wet tyre on the front and a slighty cut slick on the back, these lads are mental!

3jzu.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Cracking bikes in this thread.

Not my bike, but my oldest brothers. He was killed on it Wednesday just passed. Thought you might enjoy the picture.

Keep your knee down lads ;)

Sorry for your loss dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Cracking bikes in this thread.

Not my bike, but my oldest brothers. He was killed on it Wednesday just passed. Thought you might enjoy the picture.

Keep your knee down lads ;)

Very sorry about your brother , I say a little prayer for him every time I pass the flowers down by the Green Apple , may your family get peace

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Was up and out early this morning, Breakfast in Laragh then a quick spin over the gap

Weekdays are the only time imo to head up that way for a spin, very little cyclists and no Valentino Rossi's either!

Lovely morning up there, heres a pic....

046_zps2abaee3b.jpg

Would love to take a spin up over there during the weekday instead of the weekends Darren, Have not been near there in an age!

Bike is looking double well.

• Advertisement

Thats the best thing about living 15 mins from it Gary

I only met 2 cars along the way this morning, it makes a change compared to the weekend traffic that does be up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Thats the best thing about living 15 mins from it Gary

I only met 2 cars along the way this morning, it makes a change compared to the weekend traffic that does be up there

Sunday is a complete sham unless you are there at 8 in the morning - even Saturday afternoon is better. Midweek is the best though and I found the summer evenings can be great if you can avoid the low sun spoiling it!

This Sunday coming the 15th, Laragh and surrounding areas will be a definite no-go as there is a cycling race on up there

This Sunday coming the 15th, Laragh and surrounding areas will be a definite no-go as there is a cycling race on up there

Unless you have loads of thumb tacs :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Sold my K6 1000 at the weekend and bought this, a 2002 K2 1000. Few nice extras on it, loads of history and have a large pocketful of cash as well so happy days.

1186308_10151547160461901_745170965_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

null_zps15f6b5ea.jpg my two babies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

They are two stunning machines right there!!! ^^^

So, One year after the accident, I'm finally starting to get sh!t together. Have the usual done (brake levers/foot pegs etc.) but I had been waiting on the exhaust. A good bloke I know from a couple of other forums (Gizmo) took my exhaust and polished the headers and welded the broken pieces back on and stubbied the end can for me. I put it on last Thursday (coincidentally enough, EXACTLY one year after the accident) and was astonished that the bike fired first turn after being left lying up for the last ten months.

So here's a pic of the exhaust before I put it back on, and a short video with it on and the bike running.....gettin' there lads, gettin' there. :D

272542.jpg

Looks a job job that! Nice and shiny, you may invest in some Autosol and try and keep it that way :D

Had Gizmo do a bit of work on my exhaust i'd highly recommend him

Good luck getting back on the road!

Looks a job job that! Nice and shiny, you may invest in some Autosol and try and keep it that way :D

Had Gizmo do a bit of work on my exhaust i'd highly recommend him

Good luck getting back on the road!

Cheers mate. Have Autosol and Meguire's Metal Polish. Finished the job nice.

Yeah Giz is top class, nice bloke too.

Thanks, everything done now except the fairings. Have to get the money together for that so it could be a while.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Cheers mate. Have Autosol and Meguire's Metal Polish. Finished the job nice.

Yeah Giz is top class, nice bloke too.

Thanks, everything done now except the fairings. Have to get the money together for that so it could be a while.

Great to see you on the home straight John, bike sounds lovely. Keep us posted on the rest of it.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Great to see you on the home straight John, bike sounds lovely. Keep us posted on the rest of it.

Thanks Gary. Cheers.

Thanks Gary. Cheers.

No bother, at least you had the other halfs bike to use on and off so you did not rust up altogether :pac::pac:

No bother, at least you had the other halfs bike to use on and off so you did not rust up altogether :pac::pac:

True enough....til I broke it a couple of weeks ago. :rolleyes: Don't mention the war!! :D :pac:

True enough....til I broke it a couple of weeks ago. :rolleyes: Don't mention the war!! :D :pac:

LMFAO....maybe stay with the cage so JONAH!!!

:D

LMFAO....maybe stay with the cage so JONAH!!!

:D

NEVER!!! :p :pac: The plug broke in the block, got it sorted, she's back up-and-running again. Bringing the ZX home next week to clean/service her completely until I get the fairings sorted. In the meantime I have a loaner of a mate's VFR400 whenever I need it as she has it parked here. :D

• Advertisement

Good stuff I am always passing Richard Tea's and your house must drop in when you have the bike sorted......for a can of monsta.

OK, so stripped her down as much as I could. This is her as she stands now...

273182.jpg

Jaysus they don't look like much when they're stripped down to this!

Anyway, took off the rear caliper as it was seized. Have a seal kit ordered, should have it tomorrow of Thursday hopefully. Needed to be done bad in fairness...

273183.jpg

And as if I didn't have enough to do, I took the little lad's little moto-x out of the shed to give it a once over...

273184.jpg

We should have the kitchen back to normal soon enough!! :D:D :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Your poor missus, everything probably smells like grease and oil :pac:

Your poor missus, everything probably smells like grease and oil :pac:

...and petrol and WD-40. :pac: But she loves it. The dinner tasted funny last night though! :confused: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

DSCN0519.jpg

This is my Bandit. My favourite bike at one of my favourite places.

Jaysus John fair play to the missus to put up with that......I could just about get the bike in the utility room on Holidays, and she dont mind me talking about bikes 24/7 but she aint gonna let me strip it in the kitchen. HELL SHE WONT LET ME STRIP IN THE KITCHEN NEVER MIND THE BIKE!!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

So that is what that box is for :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

My two bikes out and about at the same time last summer when a mate was over from america visiting.
    CqlgXnpl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bye bye Blade
    photo_zps5130a956.jpg

Hello ZZR
    23E1B2CD-2BB0-4CAA-8A5B-2B7D16DE4BEF-2464-0000035C7C4400DC_zps06301930.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

On the way home after a night shift and I couldn't resist stopping off for some fresh sea air and listen to Dublin wake up.. Bike is a bit filthy.

judobmw_zps1096590b.jpg

Advertisement