Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

My new GSR750. I wubs it so much.

311647.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

First bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

My No.2 scoot parked down the side of the GPO, Dublin on a sunny summer saturday afternoon...and I even helped a cyclist fix her broken mudguard with a single tieclip from the toolbox!

DSCN0042.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Said I'd post a pic of my dad's gorgeous CBR1000F.
    I know she may be old but jesus chr*st she's fast..
    Have her polished up well and in my opinion I think it's looking well for a 97. :cool:

1pa0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Have her polished up well and in my opinion I think it's looking well for a 97. :cool:

1pa0.jpg
    Was seriously considering one of these before I made up my mind on the bird!

• Advertisement

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Was seriously considering one of these before I made up my mind on the bird!

That's what my dad was debating on, he had a bird or a vtr1000 in mind but when this came up for sale he snatched it up due to its immaculate condition.

I've only had the privilege of riding pillion on the bike and even with the two of us on it she just keeps climbing climbing climbing! And although his 650 Deauville struggles to pull the two of us, the 1000F just thunders along like there's no weight on it at all, and such a smooth ride compared to the v-twin Deauville...

I'd say the bird is much the same only a bit more power with that extra 100cc under the seat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^^ I'd a CBR1000F a few years ago, one of the best bikes I've owned. Bags of power and exceptionally comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

1pa0.jpg
    Bloody hell, looks like showroom condition! What milage is on her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I had one too!
    Absolutely beautiful bike to ride.
    Kinda sorry I sold it but I didn't have room to keep it at the time.
    Might buy another one at some stage again.
    Here's the one I had

photo_zps4d1f8cc3.jpg

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bloody hell, looks like showroom condition! What milage is on her?

Wouldn't call it showroom now, there's a few very small scratches etc. but nothing in anyway noticeable unless somebody's looking for them.
    Due to the speeds you'd be travelling on this I don't think any passer by is going to see the scratches! :rolleyes:

Only 21,000 miles on it! and looks like it's been stored dry all its life as there's no rust on it whatsoever... Taking into consideration it was an english import and wouldn't have been too far away from the sea so you would expect some form of corrosion!

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    I had one too!
    Absolutely beautiful bike to ride.
    Kinda sorry I sold it but I didn't have room to keep it at the time.
    Might buy another one at some stage again.
    Here's the one I had

photo_zps4d1f8cc3.jpg

Couldn't agree with you more blade1, exceptional bike to ride, especially with the backbox which we've also acquired for it. Turns it from a sports bike into a sports tourer with all the luggage on it! It's hard to come by a decent one with low mileage nowadays but if you find the right one I don't think anybody's going to turn you against buying another as they're a great bike altogether! :D:p

Pic of the bike with the givi rack and box installed aswell as a set of genmar handlebar risers ( And my 125 suzuki chilling in the background :cool: )

uvf7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont make bikes like that anymore.....seems now that the bigger the bike the smaller they are getting.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dont make bikes like that anymore.....seems now that the bigger the bike the smaller they are getting.

Indeed wonda-boy, I'd say if you put the 97 1000F beside a 2007 1000RR you'd see the true difference in size, the 1000F is like the older brother who was well fed when he was younger compared to the skinny 1000RR! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Looks just like my old bus

Looks just like my old bus

Lovely looking bike! How are your handlebars that high? Looks a lot like they're raised to me?

I bet more than one of two people are scanned Donedeal for a CBR1000F on the strength of those photos!!.

I bet more than one of two people are scanned Donedeal for a CBR1000F on the strength of those photos!!.

Definitely! My dad owns that one and still looks up CBR1000F every night when he starts on donedeal, a 1000F in good condition with low mileage is a much sought after bike nowadays as far as I can see due to the fact they seem to be bulletproof all over :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Before I got my one I never gave them a second glance.
    Wanted something myself and the other half(she won't get on a sportsbike with me)could have a bit of comfort on.
    Boy did I get a pleasant surprise when I took it for a test drive.

I had the Cbr1000rr aswell at the time and I found my driving the cbrF more than the blade.

IMO one of the best bikes ever!

Lovely looking bike! How are your handlebars that high? Looks a lot like they're raised to me?

Yeah, drilled the top yoke, bolt on risers and sit up bars. Two screens aswell.

blade1 wrote: »
    Before I got my one I never gave them a second glance.
    Wanted something myself and the other half(she won't get on a sportsbike with me)could have a bit of comfort on.
    Boy did I get a pleasant surprise when I took it for a test drive.

I had the Cbr1000rr aswell at the time and I found my driving the cbrF more than the blade.

IMO one of the best bikes ever!

Blade1 I know what you mean, they're very comfortable altogether even on the longer of runs! We had a corbin seat for it and it just wasn't doing it for my dad he thought it was too wide and too low and was as good as sitting on a polished tray when going around corners as the leather was so shiny and slippery! Let's just say it was up on donedeal fairly swiftly and we just stayed with the original seat, which after getting a bit used to, is very comfortable for that sized bike!
    Yeah, drilled the top yoke, bolt on risers and sit up bars. Two screens aswell.

Spiggotpaddy, I knew it wasn't original handlebar set-up, Dad was thinking of sticking a set of VFR750 handelbars on it as they're a lot better for touring, even a fair bit higher than the Genmar risers.. Lovely looking bike though mate, I'd say she was fairly comfortable to ride with the handlebars being so high up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Just picked this up today. Sweet jesus its comfortable and no slouch either!
    I think i will get it lowered a bit but otherwise its absolutely lovely to drive.

14392036837_fbcc4dd0ec_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭prunudo

That's a beauty, best of luck with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Grand job Goodlad. She looks amazing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Set of cans like lookbehindyou has on his and wake the dead lol

Best of luck with her Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Well wear Gary, looks great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Well wear! Bet you're thrilled with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I just ordered a set of two brothers in black/carbon!!

Nice one, my strom had the lowering dog bones, you'd want to have the main stand shaved down a bit or it can be a bit a wrench to use.
    fone050_zps444e3487.jpg

goodlad wrote: »
    I just ordered a set of two brothers in black/carbon!!

I run across a lad on the Malahide with 'em, they sound and look fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just picked up this lovely new CVO Harley-Davidson Hortiglide Ultra Classic.

Savage engine, loads of torque and even comes with a cup holder and a huge back box !!

Can't wait to get out and do some serious touring on her :pac:

download_20140705_182230-1-1_zpswkyvnfuk.jpg

Advertisement