Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

batman_oh wrote: »
    Sally gap

Nice!, I have a bit of a problem with the gap on a day like today though, were there many Lycra clad cyclists clogging up the roads?
    I actually don't have a problem with the cyclists per se, I can easily overtake, but cars err on the side of caution and sit behind them leading to tailbacks. Add a coach full of tourists and you're buggered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Not a fan either. Surface is crap and the traffic is worse. Not ideal for a hot spin but is nice and scenic for a relaxed jaunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I like the gap if you go west to east, roads are great. North south is terrible

Ye man, I'd have to be playing Mungo Gerry in the lid for a scenic ad relaxed jaunt!

I know its an ac cobra but :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Nice!, I have a bit of a problem with the gap on a day like today though, were there many Lycra clad cyclists clogging up the roads?
    I actually don't have a problem with the cyclists per se, I can easily overtake, but cars err on the side of caution and sit behind them leading to tailbacks. Add a coach full of tourists and you're buggered!

Wicklow gap gets seriously annoying but I rarely come across anybody on the sally gap. One car passed me while I was stopped yesterday and I only passed about 3. The section into Laragh is more like downhill mountain biking though - barely doable on a modern sportsbike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Since the ban was lifted for posting pics on my account I thought I'd chip in.

Love your tractors, you can either plouugh a field with them, or dig a trench
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

KTR1C wrote: »

Sweet!!!!!!!!!

Diaval is one of the very few bikes that don't need a tail tidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

That level of sexiness needs to be marked NSFW!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Seen one of those going by me the other day down the coast in D3. Savage looking bike, turns heads!

Edit: KTR1C's beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Do you work in Ballsbridge, old Lexus place by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

batman_oh wrote: »
    Wicklow gap gets seriously annoying but I rarely come across anybody on the sally gap. One car passed me while I was stopped yesterday and I only passed about 3. The section into Laragh is more like downhill mountain biking though - barely doable on a modern sportsbike

Did it myself recently on my smt and was shocked how bad it was. Used to cycle it a lot and never remembered it so bad!
    Fun tho! Overtook about 2 dozen cages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There was a girl (and I use that word lightly) up at McCallans open day on the Diaval in white and red looked very well. Like the black too, control panel looks like the starship enterprise ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Sold my road bike last year coming up to my wedding and said that was it for road bikes. still had the itch so last week i bought myself a trials bike! 250cc 2 stroke, this thing is a little thumper!! New fork seals coming on monday and new throttle going in next eeek too so from next weekend it will be put through its passes!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fox Mulder

Only just accumulated enough posts to post pictures, so I thought I would share my KTM 690 SMC R that I picked up last year. Great fun. :)

5ndfpB.jpg

6dTqvA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Few snaps of the Green Machine

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Few snaps of the Green Machine

Where is that second photo taken? The one overlooking the lake? Great spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Cienciano wrote: »
    Where is that second photo taken? The one overlooking the lake? Great spot

On top of Healy's Pass in Kerry, some of the best roads around there for a bike in Ireland IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

IMAG0223_zpskghlstiv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ok its not a new bike but a new photo of the old bike, and why am I putting it up.. Well after three months off the road she's back :D

It was horrible without her, we missed some good rider outs with the lads. Had to borrow a loaner for the funeral last week, hardly had the heart to go over to see the lads in the clubhouse ~ but we're back, we kissed and made up :p

348770.jpg

I'd forgotten how I missed the straight through Laser exhaust note :cool:

Took her out for a blast, dropped into the Gypsy Rose and well meet one of the bar girls :D

348803.jpg

Damn it was nice to give her the welly after two months off the road :cool:

Took her out for a blast, dropped into the Gypsy Rose and well meet one of the bar girls :D

348803.jpg

Damn it was nice to give her the welly after two months off the road :cool:

Keep the front wheel down ;)

Keep the front wheel down ;)

I see what you done there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Great stuff, get a smile back on your face, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Give the bar girls welly much macker!!!!

:P:P:P

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Give the bar girls welly much macker!!!!

:P:P:P

Not really, but I have been known to ask "will ya put a decent head on that please" :pac:

Not really, but I have been known to ask "will ya put a decent head on that please" :pac:

Really can't beat a decent bit of hea..... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

picked up the busa today. Took it for a 30 mile spin to get a feel for it. Brand new tyres front and rear so taking it handy. Anyway, I forgot how awesome these bikes are. Super smooth fuelling (4th gear 1500 rpm pulls without any bogging down). 6th gear at about 60 mph, 3250 ish revs. Roll on gradually and it just goes. Instant grunt. I love it. Anyway - a pic.

349011.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

lennymc wrote: »
    picked up the busa today. Took it for a 30 mile spin to get a feel for it. Brand new tyres front and rear so taking it handy. Anyway, I forgot how awesome these bikes are. Super smooth fuelling (4th gear 1500 rpm pulls without any bogging down). 6th gear at about 60 mph, 3250 ish revs. Roll on gradually and it just goes. Instant grunt. I love it. Anyway - a pic.

349011.jpg

Seen your mush on their Facebook page earlier.
    Stunning bike man. I was actually looking at that exact bike a while ago but didn't have the budget so nabbed a blackbird.

Advertisement