Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Seen your mush on their Facebook page earlier.
    Stunning bike man. I was actually looking at that exact bike a while ago but didn't have the budget so nabbed a blackbird.

Are blackbirds not making better money than the 'busa's?
    Thought they'd be a better seller anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

As always it depends on the year and mileage.
    His busa only has 3000km and was just over 5500 if I remember right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

yeah - 3100 miles, about that price. One of the more expensive busa's out there but certainly the lowest miles and the cleanest. 100% stock (except for alarm/immobilliser and a scottoiler). It's like a new bike. I was considering buying a new bike, so using man maths I ended up saving a fortune :)

lennymc wrote: »
    yeah - 3100 miles, about that price. One of the more expensive busa's out there but certainly the lowest miles and the cleanest. 100% stock (except for alarm/immobilliser and a scottoiler). It's like a new bike. I was considering buying a new bike, so using man maths I ended up saving a fortune :)

I hear ya fella!
    A couple of months ago the oil pump went in my car.
    It also was due a timing belt kit an other stuff.
    Basically the engine had to come out so decided to get a new car instead.

Couldn't find a car I preferred more than my own so I fixed it at a cost of €1300 + I bought a 03 Aprilia RSV1000R with 10,000 miles on it for €3000.
    So saved an absolute fortune.
    Still feel a right financial genius over that one!!:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I'm 'interesting' retro classic car shopping at the moment. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Had a mishap with some oil a while back and finally got the money together to fix this up. After a Boardsie recommended Ger Conlon (who I'd assumed would be way more expensive than he was) I picked this up the other day. The RSV logo is in paint!!

Fair play to Ger- dead straight guy and did exactly what he said he would. Couldn't recommend him highly enough and I feel I got a bargain for what he delivered.

The bike had been down on that side before hence the cock-eyed graphics and abundance of fillers but now it's better than ever.

349767.jpg

349768.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Lovely job that!

cantdecide wrote: »
    Had a mishap with some oil a while back and finally got the money together to fix this up. After a Boardsie recommended Ger Conlon (who I'd assumed would be way more expensive than he was) I picked this up the other day. The RSV logo is in paint!!

Fair play to Ger- dead straight guy and did exactly what he said he would. Couldn't recommend him highly enough and I feel I got a bargain for what he delivered.

The bike had been down on that side before hence the cock-eyed graphics and abundance of fillers but now it's better than ever.

349767.jpg

349768.JPG

Bike looking good now;)
    Have you a number for Ger Conlon?
    Where's he based?
    The name rings a bell alright.
    I'll probably be looking for someone to do a few things for me down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

excellent work cantdecide:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

That's a seriously good job that! Care to tell us what the cost was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I googled ger conlan seems to be in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Ger Conlon, Ballinhassig, Co Cork

http://www.celticchops.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

^^^^ My god it's like something out of Mad Max! Stunning bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

KTR1C wrote: »
    20150525_195922_zps59ott4cr.jpg

My Diavel set up for some touring with new Kriega luggage and a taller seat.

you bollox, I love that bike when I seen, thats batman bike. Was very close to trading the HD in for one.... how you find it?

you bollox, I love that bike when I seen, thats batman bike. Was very close to trading the HD in for one.... how you find it?

First thing to do is get rid of the Harley!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

blade1 wrote: »
    First thing to do is get rid of the Harley!!:P

This !!

The Diavel has 3 power modes and full adjustable sports bike suspension. Flip it into 100bhp "urban" mode and she drives like a sleepy V-Twin, change to "Sport" mode with 162BHP and you have a sport bike. It's like 2 bikes in one. :D

Here she is without the luggage. I made the tail cover from some grip netting to protect the paint from the bags.

20150525_200426_zpsq6xya3qb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've decided I really want a Diavel. In matt black.
    I like the finish on the seat. Is that stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

This !!

The Diavel has 3 power modes and full adjustable sports bike suspension. Flip it into 100bhp "urban" mode and she drives like a sleepy V-Twin, change to "Sport" mode with 162BHP and you have a sport bike. It's like 2 bikes in one. :D

Here she is without the luggage. I made the tail cover from some grip netting to protect the paint from the bags.

20150525_200426_zpsq6xya3qb.jpg
    Savage bike dude! You should definitely do a track day with it, especially since the weather is really picking up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

My VFR 750 sitting pretty in the sun. 77000 miles on the clock but hard to believe from the paintwork: IMG_20150526_153309.jpg

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've decided I really want a Diavel. In matt black.
    I like the finish on the seat. Is that stock?

Its the optional higher seat, the standard one is more vinyl and has lovely ribbing going across it. I'm 6ft4 so I sort of need this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

20150525_195922_zps59ott4cr.jpg

My Diavel set up for some touring with new Kriega luggage and a taller seat.

Hey Kitric,
    Whats that wheel spinner thing under the rear wheel? The TDM has no centre stand and I cant get it up on the paddock stand by myself.
    Looks a handy bit of kit, any links and how much, cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Hey Kitric,
    Whats that wheel spinner thing under the rear wheel? The TDM has no centre stand and I cant get it up on the paddock stand by myself.

Here you go mate http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/46363

Been thinking of getting one myself

How do you find it ktric?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That's genius... I don't need one but I want one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Cheaper here ... been meaning to get one myself. Looks a handy piece of kit.

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/biketek-wheel-spinner-pdsspn01-2303-p.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If I did not have a centre stand, deffo purchase TBH. You can get them with wheels on the sides also for pivoting the bike on its on axis. So if you had to turn the bike in a space that you can only drive into its uber genius.

DaveD wrote: »
    Cheaper here ... been meaning to get one myself. Looks a handy piece of kit.

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/biketek-wheel-spinner-pdsspn01-2303-p.asp

Sorry for the late reply lads, yeah thats the one I had. I paid €50 for mine from Cotters though. I've had a Triumph Rocket on my one without any issues.

Only problem I found is the rubber feet that grip them in place come off very easily. I have to either hold the wheel spinner in place with my foot now while I roll the bike onto it or get help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hey Kitric,

Never noticed that, bloody hell, looks very handy.

Think I'll get one, what I have been doing to oil the chain and spin the wheel, is to put the side stand down, lean it close to a wall and use a trolley jack to lever it up, a pain in the hole but it gets the job done. And for the TDM its a 2 man job getting it onto the paddock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Got my levers and scottoiler intalled today then gave the bike a once over.
    Still need to get a toothbrush to the sprocket and clean the inside of the swingarm on the right side but my back is done for the day.

18530469751_b2f52b054a_b.jpg

18524109122_7066a2160b_b.jpg

18524093872_f89fd8367c_b.jpg

18524092982_77618dcc94_b.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^
    Goodlad, I know its not as aesthetically pleasing, but could you not just hacksaw off the ball bit (oo-er missus :) ) of a normal lever to have the same result?

Advertisement