Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

kiddums wrote: »
    First bike. Need to get the IBT done to get out properly on it. Cant wait.

Good choice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Diversion's a lovely bike, still kinda miss the IL4. Well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ya they're nice.
    I have one too but unfortunately i need to sell it. Used it as a commuter and im no longer commuting to work due to location change. :( Its been sitting around for months unused and cant justify to renew the insurance for the occasional spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Somebody who actually has some sense for a change.:)

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Diversion's a lovely bike, still kinda miss the IL4. Well wear.

Theres a few for sale on dung deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

My 1966 Heinkel Tourist.

[IMG][/img]DSCF7413_zpsuih2bcsb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I love it ^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

I love it ^^^

Think yellow bikes are your weakness, when is the strom going in for the respray :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I love it ^^^

ditto, with the side bags and guard rails it looks like an old school mini Harley :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

ditto, with the side bags and guard rails it looks like an old school mini Harley :D

Thankfully not ;)

This is the ill-faithed Harley Davidson "Topper"

harley-davidson-topper.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Been enjoying this the last few days.
    Had it wrapped up for winter so felt like unwrapping a present taking it out again!
    AB65F23C-6B62-4C9A-A502-D6E086B8FF2C_zpsp8wbfwqx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Tis a lovely bike man. Even with the exhaust at the wrong angle :p:p

goodlad wrote: »
    Tis a lovely bike man. Even with the exhaust at the wrong angle :p:p

I was actually waiting for you to pipe up with something ya big bollox!!:pac::pac:
    Seriously though, it feels great to be back on a V-twin again.
    Not a comfy bike but the Rotax engine in it is so sweet!
    LOVE IT!!!!!!

Cracking RSV there Blade1,great day for a spin too.Sunny and warm.:D

Had the R1 and 996 out around Dublin Airport this afternoon,what a day for a blast.:)
    Weather tio be warmer tomorrow.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

IMG_20160417_183411269_zpszifvywnm.jpg

IMG_20160417_183411269_zpszifvywnm.jpg

Nice! 2004,yeah?

blade1 wrote: »
    Nice! 2004,yeah?

Thanks. Yeah 2004. I have it around a year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thanks. Yeah 2004. I have it around a year now.

Lovely bike - what's it like to ride and what's it like to live with? Could it be used every day or would it be better for just the odd blast?

sonic85 wrote: »
    Lovely bike - what's it like to ride and what's it like to live with? Could it be used every day or would it be better for just the odd blast?

I only use it on the weekend if it's fine. It's really nice on a good road, it has plenty of power and it sounds unreal. It's definitely not for everyday use unless you like being roasted alive. With the exhaust under the seat any stop start riding through a town is torture after a while. It's pretty hard on bumpy roads too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I used to have a 749 and really loved it. I used it every day - but yes in the summer it will roast the arse off you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I only use it on the weekend if it's fine. It's really nice on a good road, it has plenty of power and it sounds unreal. It's definitely not for everyday use unless you like being roasted alive. With the exhaust under the seat any stop start riding through a town is torture after a while. It's pretty hard on bumpy roads too.

Thanks for that. I'm kind of on the lookout for a bike and I've seen a few of them for sale. I think they look class but if I'm buying a bike I'll probably be riding it maybe four days a week or so.

What would it be like for a tall ish rider?

sonic85 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'm kind of on the lookout for a bike and I've seen a few of them for sale. I think they look class but if I'm buying a bike I'll probably be riding it maybe four days a week or so.

What would it be like for a tall ish rider?

Should be fine but I'm only 5'9 so not the best to ask :) The only way to know with anything like that really is sit on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Got this beauty today, Hornet 250 (2003). It was well looked after by the previous owners and is an absolute pleasure to drive. The scorpion can also sounds savage on it.

enQPWQC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

That is a dinger so much bike there for a 250 man I would love a rip on that. Beauty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Love the unique noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

cantdecide wrote: »
    Love the unique noise

Cannot beat the sound of a 4 cyl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

So I got the tail tidy fitted. I need to do something with the mirrors, I have a great view of my arms.
    I wouldn't mind finding nicer ones, but add ons aren't that easy to find for this bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

So I got the tail tidy fitted. I need to do something with the mirrors, I have a great view of my arms.
    I wouldn't mind finding nicer ones, but add ons aren't that easy to find for this bike.

Tail tidy looks well, most bikes in that class could do with one for the stock ****e-looking fender. The ER-6 I have looks completely different with the tidy on.

You could get mirror extenders for the existing ones, I had them on a diversion back when I had one. I got the yamaha ones, but it looks like sw-motech do them as well: http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/mirror-extension-profile-black-yamaha-xj-6-diversion-f-10--8702-p.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Tail tidy looks well, most bikes in that class could do with one for the stock ****e-looking fender. The ER-6 I have looks completely different with the tidy on.

You could get mirror extenders for the existing ones, I had them on a diversion back when I had one. I got the yamaha ones, but it looks like sw-motech do them as well: http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/mirror-extension-profile-black-yamaha-xj-6-diversion-f-10--8702-p.asp
    I agree, a friend has an er6, completely different with the tail tidy.

Funny, after I posted that I ended up watching your walkaround and saw them. I wa going to try looking for them today. Cheers. Did they make a big difference?
    This might be a silly question, but where did you put your tax disk on it?

Advertisement