Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

kiddums wrote: »
    I agree, a friend has an er6, completely different with the tail tidy.

Funny, after I posted that I ended up watching your walkaround and saw them. I wa going to try looking for them today. Cheers. Did they make a big difference?
    This might be a silly question, but where did you put your tax disk on it?

Made a huge difference, bit of a pain to get on if you're not used to taking fairings down (which I'm not) but went from having to tuck elbows and squint to perfect.

My tax discs go under the seat in a ziploc bag along with insurance cert :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Made a huge difference, bit of a pain to get on if you're not used to taking fairings down (which I'm not) but went from having to tuck elbows and squint to perfect.

My tax discs go under the seat in a ziploc bag along with insurance cert :-)

I mentioned this before to a friend of mine who works in the AA.

AA,s advice is to never have your insurance cert in your car or in your bike,for security reasons.
    If a garda asks to see it,then you can allways pop down with it later that day or within 10 days to the local garda station.;)

I mentioned this before to a friend of mine who works in the AA.

AA,s advice is to never have your insurance cert in your car or in your bike,for security reasons.
    If a garda asks to see it,then you can allways pop down with it later that day or within 10 days to the local garda station.;)

Aye, my address doesn't have a number in it, so you can't find my house from my address alone. Otherwise I'd have it on me, or have it at home so I can go present if needed.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Aye, my address doesn't have a number in it, so you can't find my house from my address alone. Otherwise I'd have it on me, or have it at home so I can go present if needed.

Fair enough,but whats to stop a criminal gang or scumbag from staking out your area address/location and watch you comming home.
    Thats how some of these scumbags work,and they rifle through your house when you are out the next time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I mentioned this before, I keep an out of date tax disc on the bike and I've laminated the current one and keep it in my wallet. Any scum that gets pulled hopefully should have the bike confiscated. That said, never get pulled anymore myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I spoke to a few of the other bikers around my area. Seems most of them make a colour copy of the disk and put the copy on the bike, keep the original in the wallet. Dont know how legal that is.

I still need to fit the disk holder whatever I do, apparently bikes parked anywhere are checked for disks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

kiddums wrote: »
    I spoke to a few of the other bikers around my area. Seems most of them make a colour copy of the disk and put the copy on the bike, keep the original in the wallet. Dont know how legal that is.

Jesus, no.
    Meet the wrong cop and they might pin you with fraud/forgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'll get this thread back on track by posting a pick of my new ride. My missus got a new BMW F800 Adventure and I got the big boy version, a R1200GS Adventure TE. Just fitted a Bagster tank cover and so far I can't fault it :)

385865.jpg

385864.jpg

385863.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

She's a beauty, so where are you going on your first adventure?

She's a beauty, so where are you going on your first adventure?

Tesco, Starbucks and maybe down to the dealer to talk about accessories :P

• Advertisement

yeah that's a typical beemer owner :)

post some more pics of you adventures thru the country side, its all ive got until I can get back to the irish motherland

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Savage. I'd love one of them but I'd probably need a stepladder :D

Good point, ive got a 32 inch inseam and I can just barley flat foot mine

The new water cooled GS's have a low suspension option, so you might be grand

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Not sure but I'm guessing mine is 29". I just see the side of them when parked and they look huge. It's never a problem when riding, its the on feet manoovering and trying to move it backwards that is the problem. I'm told BMW make it with a lower seat option - I wonder what it would be like. Saying that its great for a tall person. Some bikes like Ducati's are perfect for short people but must be a pain in the ass for big lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Well wear. Beautiful bike

Zascar wrote: »
    Not sure but I'm guessing mine is 29". I just see the side of them when parked and they look huge. It's never a problem when riding, its the on feet manoovering and trying to move it backwards that is the problem. I'm told BMW make it with a lower seat option - I wonder what it would be like. Saying that its great for a tall person. Some bikes like Ducati's are perfect for short people but must be a pain in the ass for big lads!

Theres actually a low chassis version, actually looks pretty savage to be honest. Its exactly the same but has a crouched low down stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

D3V!L wrote: »
    My missus got a new BMW F800 Adventure

Is that the 800 in the bottom picture? I love the colour. Nice bike. The 12 is nice too of course. Well wear.

Idleater wrote: »
    Is that the 800 in the bottom picture? I love the colour. Nice bike. The 12 is nice too of course. Well wear.

Yup, thats it. Its called "Kalmata" , its like a bronzey olive green.

Myself and paulw compared the 800 and 1200, and the 1200 is actually lower. You can adjust the seat on the 1200 to be low enough, I could just about flatfoot it with 30" inseam. This was the non-GSA though.

I found I got used to it after a while. I've actually seen a few shortarses putting the left foot up on the left peg and then swinging over it to get on, the bike's big and stable enough to do it.

Nice colour on the 1200, I loved the look of the olive green one they did a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just out on my lovel 800 GSA today.

26402569553_0e55834ecd_c.jpgPW2X6584 by Paul Walsh, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Bq0ZX2d.jpg

My 2011 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I'm currently a few days in to a trip around Himachel Pradesh and Uttarkhand in India. I've been working for a NGO in Rajasthan since December and the plan was to use the last 2 weeks before my visa ran out to do the Leh Manali highway but, alas, the weather gods were not with me this time. There were reports of the route opening early this year due to decreased smowfall but I still would have missed it by a few weeks. Some mountain passes are open now but not adviseable to travel by bike till the roads are cleared a bit more.

Anyway, here I am, roads are quite nice for the most part but there is a LOT of tourist traffic in some areas in Himachel. I've lost a lot of time being stuck behind busses or a big line of white taxis. It's much less congested here in Uttarkhand.

The bike - I've been using it as a runaround for a few months now and have taken it to some cities around Rajasthan on the weekends. Pulsars aren't my favourite bike in the world by any means (As with anything made in India, the build quality is generally pretty poor) but they're cheap, practical and cheap to run (when compared to Enfields anyway) It's given me a lot of grief so far but I'm confident I got everything sorted before this trip. A major problem they have is a lot of the plastic parts vibrate and rattle around excessively. This can be solved by stuffing bits of foam in the problem areas. More of an annoyance than a serious problem I guess.

I found an ammunition box in an army surplus store a few weeks back and decided it would make a great tool-box. I decided to paint it black before attaching it as I'm sure the police/army wouldn't appreciate me riding up to a checkpoint with a box saying '7.62 ammunition'.

Bikes tend to have much smaller engines in this part of the world and 150cc is pretty run of the mill. Plenty of power for my needs though. You're never going to be really bombing it here anyway - as you should always drive with the assumption that an Indian driver WILL do something incredibly stupid and dangerous at any point point...

Paulw wrote: »
    Just out on my lovel 800 GSA today.

26402569553_0e55834ecd_c.jpgPW2X6584 by Paul Walsh, on Flickr

That looks lovely.

Can I ask where that location is?:)

That looks lovely.

Can I ask where that location is?:)

Laytown, Co. Meath.

Paulw wrote: »
    Laytown, Co. Meath.

Looks like you had the whole place to yourself.:)

Looks like you had the whole place to yourself.:)

Far from it. I'm just good with photography and angles. ;-) Behind me was very busy.

Wasatch national forest, elevation 10K feet. Perfect day for a ride

H110_zpstuwnt09r.jpg

It's gripped!, It's sorted! :cool:

387272.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

389186.jpg

Finally :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

12961609_1547509628882467_2712113574156753357_n.jpg?oh=0be5e8ef843dbc387dcba7db2215b6f4&oe=57CA67BC&__gda__=1473672413_86d6200bf8919af218173f4dcd4abc62

I know they aint liked :) but anyhow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

pudzey101 wrote: »
    12961609_1547509628882467_2712113574156753357_n.jpg?oh=0be5e8ef843dbc387dcba7db2215b6f4&oe=57CA67BC&__gda__=1473672413_86d6200bf8919af218173f4dcd4abc62

I know they aint liked :) but anyhow :D

I think they're not liked because of that big red gear stick

Advertisement