Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hama 52mm CPL Filter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Yes it has a female thread in the front... however I thought lens hoods normally attach on the lens itself and not the filter?

Or are you using a 3rd party collapsible hood? In which case you may get vignetting if the hood extension interferes with the edges of the lens.

I remember getting this filter from Spectra 2 years ago for 20 euro I think... it may be worth your while to have a look at the brick and mortar stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I was looking at getting one of those cheap "flower" shaped lens hoods of ebay just to help protect the front of the lens. I can't see anywhere that sells hood to suit my pentax with the tab connector.

Depending on what lens you're getting it for - depends on a variety of factors (I've a rubber collapsible hood for my 50mm Nikkor prime - no problems, but if I, say, put it on the 18-55 - I'd find vignetting at the shorter focal lengths.)

That could cause problems so, its the kit 18-55mm lens I'll be using it on. My other 70-300mm lens came with a hood. I mainly use the 18-55mm to take pictures at vintage shows. Its a real comfort as I can stand close to the car to avoid people walking by and still fit it in the frame. Maybe one of those collapsible hoods wold work better:
    41G4FF4YAWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

That's the one I got ;) I'll test it again now to see if it vignettes (I thought it did).

Though to be honest, do you find veiled flare/side flare to be a big issue with the 18-55? I almost never encounter it when I use it (though we do have different equipment).

• Advertisement

Though a quick google search turned up with this:
    http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/product-features.asp?id=964740430

A bit pricy though...

It definitely vignettes until 24mm on the 18-55 if the rubber hood is mounted on the CPL.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    It definitely vignettes until 24mm on the 18-55 if the rubber hood is mounted on the CPL.
    Hmm, I could live with 24mm and up, do you know of anywhere that has that hood in stock and will ship to ireland, I can't seem to find any :(

Advertisement