Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wireless dropping signal with PS3

Options
  • 03-08-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello All ,

I dont know if this was covered before, but my head is wrecked with this issue.:confused:
    During game play online my network via eircom wireless keeps dropping off with PS3 causing a network error. This is so annoying when your in the middle of a game. I tried this on 2 different PS3 machines and still the same. Now i have moved the router beside PS3 and going to hard wire(Lan cable). Waiting to see if there's any difference. A mate with UPC wireless does not have same or similar problems.:confused:

Is anyone having or had the same problem. please help:D

ps: its a 3mb connection

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

are you using WEP or WPA?

also, is the firmware up to date?

what kind of router do you have?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You have to establish where the problem is before you can do anything to solve it.

Firstly is it your actual internet connection that is dropping or is it a wireless problem?

Connect using the ethernet cabke and see what happens. If the internet connection stays stable then it is a problem with your wireless connection and if so then absolutely nothing at all to do with Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermster

Martyr wrote: »
    are you using WEP or WPA?

also, is the firmware up to date?

what kind of router do you have?
    Thanks for reply .
    I'm using WEP and the router is the eircom standard netopia one.
    Not sure about firmware for router, but PS3 is up to date.
    dub45 wrote: »
    You have to establish where the problem is before you can do anything to solve it.

Firstly is it your actual internet connection that is dropping or is it a wireless problem?

Connect using the ethernet cabke and see what happens. If the internet connection stays stable then it is a problem with your wireless connection and if so then absolutely nothing at all to do with Eircom.

Thanks, Waiting to see did this make a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

WPA would be much better, try using that instead if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dermster wrote: »

Pops around to Dermster's house for a spot of downloading :) Hope it's fast.:p

Joking aside switch to WPA asap. WEP is a pile of junk and can be hacked in about a min.
    If you need help with it give a shout.

• Advertisement

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Pops around to Dermster's house for a spot of downloading :) Hope it's fast.:p

Joking aside switch to WPA asap. WEP is a pile of junk and can be hacked in about a min.
    If you need help with it give a shout.

Thanks man , whats the difference between them both

Martyr wrote: »
    WPA would be much better, try using that instead if all else fails.

I'll give that a go cheers:D

I was connected to another network last nite and it seem to be grand for an hour or so ,nbut then a network error comes up on screen. Its looking like a ps3 wireless issue, i'll know more over the next few days. I have it connected via LAN now. Waiting in hope.:)

Advertisement