Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else nearing their due date???

• 03-08-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Bit of a pointless thread

...but I was just excited :D:D and wondering if anyone else is getting close to their due date??

I'm due in 4 days and am experiencing such a mixture of emotions!!! I'm so excited but at the same time I'm a little nervous :o And then there's the whole being "impatient":rolleyes: lol - the waiting is killing me!! And I so don't wanna go overdue but I guess that's wishful thinking?! :)

Anyways, good luck to all of you who are expecting! :):) Can't believe I've only a few days until I get to meet my little one.. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'm still nine and a half weeks away from my due date but the excitement is kicking in now. Finished buying all the necessities and was in Mothercare today looking at things I DON'T need....but really want!! Wish i was due as soon as you:(

best of luck though Caroline:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

wife is 3 days away, seems like an age ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

Ah thanks Foxy! I think I'm all organised by now (or at least I hope I am lol). Everything's in it's place so we just need the baby now :D:D

BrookieD - thanks for your post! Glad I'm not the only one getting impatient hehe.. it does seem like a lifetime at this point though :rolleyes: Wish your wife the best of luck for me and hopefully we both won't have too long of a wait ahead of us!! :)

For about the last 2 weeks I've been constantly doing the famous "nesting".. cleaning the house, getting everything prepared and organised. Now that it's all done, I've nothing left to do, except wait!! Hence the boredum and the "pointless thread" LOL;) *am blaming the hormones* :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Best of luck with your babies folks!

i'm not due til january seems forever away!!!

Thanks Lolli!:) I'm due today and there's no sign :rolleyes: So guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait :D

Good luck for Jan ;)xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Hang in there Caroline. My wife's not due for another 7 weeks. Seems like a world away when you consider those that are imminent. On the other hand, still a long way away from the 12 week scan.

Best of luck with it. Wish we were this close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thanks Lolli!:) I'm due today and there's no sign :rolleyes: So guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait :D

Good luck for Jan ;)xx

Good luck to ya Caroline......
    Keep us posted:)

Thanks Spiderman and Fluffyorganic ;)

Well, I've no update as of yet. I'm 2 days overdue today and there's no signs of anything happening any time soon lol... (I guess baby will come when she's good and ready?! :rolleyes:)

Thanks for all the well wishes! :):) And best of luck to all of you who are expecting! It's such an exciting time :D

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

My wife and I are having our first either today or tomorrow and can't say how excited and nervous I am. Can't wait for it but very apprehensive at the same time.

Lastbuilders

Best of luck. Is she being induced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm just over half way. Wish I was closer tho!

Good luck all! :)

Oh, good luck lastbuilders!! Keep us posted won't ya?? ;)

:):)

No arrival yet. My wife is quite emotional as several other mothers have been in and had badies while we have been waiting but baby has its own timetable. We are being induced today as we are 6 days over now. Also our anniversary today so could be double celebration.

Thanks for the comments and will let ye know how we get on.

Junior arrived at 6:02pm yesterday and all well. Overjoyed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations lastbuilders!

Any names?

Well done thats great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations lastbuilders

cheers all. Need sleep already but when he looks at you there is nothing like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Congrats all round folks!

Our baby is due in two and half weeks.

Up till this point I was fine, tipping along nicely , no worries everything fine , in control, time flying by .

Since wife has gone on leave from work Ive gone a bit balloobas. Cant sleep, cant eat, totally anxious,completely useless in work, attention span of a goldfish... if she goes overdue Id say I'll be completely round the bend.

Under any other circumstance Id have a few beers and just chill out but obviously thats not an option....what to do what to do????

In complete disarray .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pinklady09

Hi all, I'm due my 2nd baby on Saturday, but I am preparing myself to go overdue as I went 4 days over with first baby. Trying to be relaxed and patient at the mo, but I am waking up in the mornings thinking, dam, I'm still here thought I might be rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

My wife was due our first child on Wednesday so we're playing the waiting game, she's only 3 days overdue at this stage. She's doing unbelievably well, no bother on her at all, getting out for walks and swims and not getting stressed about it!

Me on the other hand...I can't wait until he/she is born...it's hard to contain the excitement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Due our first next week, even though I'm not overdue yet the impatience is starting to set in! Esp as I've no idea what to expect... 'is it a contraction, is it false labour, will I get a show' etc etc I was also convinced I'd go early, so much for those gut instincts!! :D

Congratulations lastbuilders!! Delighted for you :D:D

I haven't been on here in a while... have there been any other new arrivals??

Just a lil update from me:
    In the end I went overdue by 11 days.. grr!:rolleyes: But obviously, all was worth it in the end...

My beautiful daughter Carla was born on 18th of Aug, weighing a massive 12lb 1oz LOL!! She's beautiful :) And healthy, which is all I could wish for!:):)

Good luck to everyone still awaiting their bundle of joy.. xx

12lbs 1 oz!!!! :eek: Was she walking and talking when she came out!!:D

Delighted everything went ok. I'm due in 5 weeks and one day and counting the hours now:rolleyes:

I KNOW!! lol :)

My other half was joking with the midwife saying she's ready to start school already haha!!!:p We had no idea she was so big - the doctor estimated at my scan (on the Wednesday before I had her) that she was around 8lb or a little over:rolleyes:.... just goes to show how wrong they can be LOL!

I'm so happy she's here though.:D I remember counting the days and hours! And how I thought she'd never arrive when she was overdue! Feels like ages ago now :rolleyes: I hope the last few weeks fly in for you foxy ;) You'll be holding your little one in no time :):):)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations Caroline!

Flipping hell what a whopper! Well done you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Holy moly! :eek: That's some baby!

Congratulations! :D

Congratulations **Caroline** hope you and the baby are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

OMG Caroline 12lbs 1!! My little fella is 5 weeks old tomorrow and he's still only 8 pounds :D

Congratulations!!

How is she?

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone :)

Yep, we're both doing really well.:D I had to have an emergency c-section in the end but I'm recovering well after it. Funnily enough, the section wasn't anything to do with the size of the baby at all :eek: The only reason I was brought for a section was because they discovered - after breaking my waters - that she was lying transverse (i.e. accross my tummy).

Just aswell though, considering the size she was in the end!!;)

She was weighed on Monday and she's 12lb 10oz now already lol :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Jesus i'd say you were glad to get the section in the end, be tough getting a baby that big out!

Congrats though bet you are delighted :D Have you other children?

Thanks! I really am delighted!:D Over the moon ;):):)

I have a little boy already and he's chuffed with his new little sis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks everyone :)

Yep, we're both doing really well.:D I had to have an emergency c-section in the end but I'm recovering well after it. Funnily enough, the section wasn't anything to do with the size of the baby at all :eek: The only reason I was brought for a section was because they discovered - after breaking my waters - that she was lying transverse (i.e. accross my tummy).

Just aswell though, considering the size she was in the end!!;)

She was weighed on Monday and she's 12lb 10oz now already lol :):)

Jesus! Did they palpate you to find out what position???? They never palpated me when I was in labour... not once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Thanks! I really am delighted!:D Over the moon ;):):)

I have a little boy already and he's chuffed with his new little sis!

Congratulations Caroline!!!

Youve made me all excited, I put feck all though into when the baby gets here, its all so exciting. im so busy with the whole being pregnant bit, that its hard to think that im getting a real little baby from it all. I've seven weeks to go and it feels like a lifetime away. Delighted for you.

Jesus! Did they palpate you to find out what position???? They never palpated me when I was in labour... not once!

Hiya Adrieanne..

Yeah, the doc done and internal immediately after breaking my waters. He said he could feel part of the baby but it didn't feel like the head?! So, they done a scan straight away and it confirmed that she wasn't head-down.

All worked out for the best in the end though. Think the section may have been a blessing in disguise.:D:D

Thanks Gogo!! I know the feeling.. it all seems so surreal when you're pregnant. And ya do get caught up in the whole excitement of the pregnancy - but then it's hard not to!!!:):) It'll only become real when you're holding the baby in your arms ;) And wondering how he/she ever fit in your tummy LOL!:p

Good luck with your last few weeks of the pregnancy xx Enjoy them! Oh, and get plenty of rest while you can.;) I forgot how much time and energy newborns take up... I'm wrecked tired!!! (so worth it though!).

• Advertisement

Getting close for me now. Just two and a half weeks left. Just don't know how I'm going to wait that long! Very uncomfortable at the moment:(

You must be so excited!! Not long to go :D:D Hope it all goes well for you!:) Make sure ya let us know your good news when the baby has arrived, I'll be thinkin of u x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Getting close for me aswell , just a little over 3 weeks left and I feel like this is never going to end at this stage ! I just know im going to go over so maybe more than the 3 weeks .............. I am so ready to meet my little man now

I know I'm going to go over too. Officially have 12 days left but I am telling people I am due in 3 weeks just in case. Have been getting some signs but nothing to get me excited about. Have been having lots of Braxton Hicks and can't believe I am wishing they would become more painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Well we're due on Wednesday!! Can't believe that in a matter of no more than 10 days I'll be a Dad!!!!! Hopefully before this Friday though, coz Bohs are playing Rovers and I need alcohol to sit through that one!!!

So excited!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Well we're due on Wednesday!! Can't believe that in a matter of no more than 10 days I'll be a Dad!!!!! Hopefully before this Friday though, coz Bohs are playing Rovers and I need alcohol to sit through that one!!!

So excited!!!!!!!!!

OMG you sound like my husband!

"you cant have it this day cos theres a match or that day cos theres boxing....."

Going to need an appointment with him to have this child!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

lol my fella was delighted because I was brought in two and a half weeks early so he didn't have to give up the booze or miss any matches around my due date. Priorities like ;)

LOL @ all the men!! :P

My other half was the exact same hehe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My partner was due on Sunday. The waiting is getting head wrecking now! Its like we were counting down to a date and now its been extended :mad:

Babies come in their own time and not on a sheduled on some arbitery date which drs assign. I know the waiting is hard and being over due it hard going but it will happen :)

I was trying to think of my due date as 12 days past my given date so I wouldn't be too frustrated but so far hasn't worked. Everyone is telling me I look like I am about to go but they have been saying that for weeks!! My 1st was 5 days early and second 12 days late and my 'psychic' friend says I will be 2 days late so I am waiting on all of these dates but I am sure they will all come and go! This little fella just seems too happy in there:)

Was at clinic this morning and all is well but probably won't go before I'm due in nine days:( Baby is good size though so I'm just counting my blessings and trying to be patient.

Aw, hang in there Foxy. I know that feeling only too well. You're sooooooooo very nearly there hun!!!:):) You're right to expect to go overdue - at least that way it's a bonus if baby decides to come early or on time! And you might be pleasantly surprised?!

It's great that babs is a good size.. always a good sign ;) Can't wait to hear your news hehe.. Only about 2-3 weeks left at MOST now xx

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Babies come in their own time and not on a sheduled on some arbitery date which drs assign. I know the waiting is hard and being over due it hard going but it will happen :)

Never a truer word spoken ;)

Speaking of which... any news on your partner Lemlin??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

I was talking to my doctor this morning and he said only 1% of babies are born on their due date! I went 9 day's over on my first but i didn't mind as i was scared sh*tless of the labour! I'd of happily stayed pregnant for another few month's :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement