Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else nearing their due date???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Jesus i'd say you were glad to get the section in the end, be tough getting a baby that big out!

Congrats though bet you are delighted :D Have you other children?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

Thanks! I really am delighted!:D Over the moon ;):):)

I have a little boy already and he's chuffed with his new little sis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks everyone :)

Yep, we're both doing really well.:D I had to have an emergency c-section in the end but I'm recovering well after it. Funnily enough, the section wasn't anything to do with the size of the baby at all :eek: The only reason I was brought for a section was because they discovered - after breaking my waters - that she was lying transverse (i.e. accross my tummy).

Just aswell though, considering the size she was in the end!!;)

She was weighed on Monday and she's 12lb 10oz now already lol :):)

Jesus! Did they palpate you to find out what position???? They never palpated me when I was in labour... not once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Thanks! I really am delighted!:D Over the moon ;):):)

I have a little boy already and he's chuffed with his new little sis!

Congratulations Caroline!!!

Youve made me all excited, I put feck all though into when the baby gets here, its all so exciting. im so busy with the whole being pregnant bit, that its hard to think that im getting a real little baby from it all. I've seven weeks to go and it feels like a lifetime away. Delighted for you.

Jesus! Did they palpate you to find out what position???? They never palpated me when I was in labour... not once!

Hiya Adrieanne..

Yeah, the doc done and internal immediately after breaking my waters. He said he could feel part of the baby but it didn't feel like the head?! So, they done a scan straight away and it confirmed that she wasn't head-down.

All worked out for the best in the end though. Think the section may have been a blessing in disguise.:D:D

Thanks Gogo!! I know the feeling.. it all seems so surreal when you're pregnant. And ya do get caught up in the whole excitement of the pregnancy - but then it's hard not to!!!:):) It'll only become real when you're holding the baby in your arms ;) And wondering how he/she ever fit in your tummy LOL!:p

Good luck with your last few weeks of the pregnancy xx Enjoy them! Oh, and get plenty of rest while you can.;) I forgot how much time and energy newborns take up... I'm wrecked tired!!! (so worth it though!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Getting close for me now. Just two and a half weeks left. Just don't know how I'm going to wait that long! Very uncomfortable at the moment:(

You must be so excited!! Not long to go :D:D Hope it all goes well for you!:) Make sure ya let us know your good news when the baby has arrived, I'll be thinkin of u x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Getting close for me aswell , just a little over 3 weeks left and I feel like this is never going to end at this stage ! I just know im going to go over so maybe more than the 3 weeks .............. I am so ready to meet my little man now

I know I'm going to go over too. Officially have 12 days left but I am telling people I am due in 3 weeks just in case. Have been getting some signs but nothing to get me excited about. Have been having lots of Braxton Hicks and can't believe I am wishing they would become more painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Well we're due on Wednesday!! Can't believe that in a matter of no more than 10 days I'll be a Dad!!!!! Hopefully before this Friday though, coz Bohs are playing Rovers and I need alcohol to sit through that one!!!

So excited!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Well we're due on Wednesday!! Can't believe that in a matter of no more than 10 days I'll be a Dad!!!!! Hopefully before this Friday though, coz Bohs are playing Rovers and I need alcohol to sit through that one!!!

So excited!!!!!!!!!

OMG you sound like my husband!

"you cant have it this day cos theres a match or that day cos theres boxing....."

Going to need an appointment with him to have this child!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

lol my fella was delighted because I was brought in two and a half weeks early so he didn't have to give up the booze or miss any matches around my due date. Priorities like ;)

LOL @ all the men!! :P

My other half was the exact same hehe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My partner was due on Sunday. The waiting is getting head wrecking now! Its like we were counting down to a date and now its been extended :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Babies come in their own time and not on a sheduled on some arbitery date which drs assign. I know the waiting is hard and being over due it hard going but it will happen :)

I was trying to think of my due date as 12 days past my given date so I wouldn't be too frustrated but so far hasn't worked. Everyone is telling me I look like I am about to go but they have been saying that for weeks!! My 1st was 5 days early and second 12 days late and my 'psychic' friend says I will be 2 days late so I am waiting on all of these dates but I am sure they will all come and go! This little fella just seems too happy in there:)

Was at clinic this morning and all is well but probably won't go before I'm due in nine days:( Baby is good size though so I'm just counting my blessings and trying to be patient.

Aw, hang in there Foxy. I know that feeling only too well. You're sooooooooo very nearly there hun!!!:):) You're right to expect to go overdue - at least that way it's a bonus if baby decides to come early or on time! And you might be pleasantly surprised?!

It's great that babs is a good size.. always a good sign ;) Can't wait to hear your news hehe.. Only about 2-3 weeks left at MOST now xx

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Babies come in their own time and not on a sheduled on some arbitery date which drs assign. I know the waiting is hard and being over due it hard going but it will happen :)

Never a truer word spoken ;)

Speaking of which... any news on your partner Lemlin??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

I was talking to my doctor this morning and he said only 1% of babies are born on their due date! I went 9 day's over on my first but i didn't mind as i was scared sh*tless of the labour! I'd of happily stayed pregnant for another few month's :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

I posted this over on the fathers thread.

My little fella was born at 7lbs last Tuesday a day before his due date and probably would have come on the due date if we had let nature take it's course, however as the OH had a bleed (no mucus) on the morning of the 29th the obstetrician gave her the option of a sweep of the membranes and she agreed. I swear to God you girls out there are hero's!!!!

Anyway, the little lad is doing so well, he's a contented little soul who basically only cries (so far) when he needs a nappy change or needs some diesel for the tank. Seems to me to be pretty bright and very alert. He has the deepest blue eyes you could ever see and likes my singing (well maybe he's bright but tone deaf)!!!! I am the happiest man in the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

3 weeks to go but I hope my little baby wants to come out!!! Whenever anybody (including me) rubs or touches my stomach the baby will kick so hard. The doctor smiles whenever he examines my stomach or does a scan as he/she just kicks and does not like to be touched. Maybe baby is quite contented in there and wont want to come out for all of us eagerly waiting for an ole hold and a cuddle. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

6 weeks today until I'm due but I reckon I'll go early.

I'm not that pushed really as its been a very easy pregnancy. Its also my first baby after 12 and a half years and as I'm getting closer to the due date I think all three of us are starting to realise we're coming to the end of our lives as we know them and we're enjoying that last little bit of time as a family of three before our lives change forever.

Its a strange feeling. I've waited so so long to be a mum again and its a dream come true, we've literally been on cloud nine since taking the test as its something we never thought we'd ever be doing again after so much heartache. I've been dying to have my little man in my arms but now he's almost ready I'm starting to feel a bit sad for the life we'll be leaving behind..maybe some of you understand that.

Completely understand eviltwin. On my last pregnancy I didn't think it was possibly to love a new baby the same way as the child I already had. It's a strange feeling and I have never really bonded with any of my children while I was pregnant with them. It was only when I held them that it changed.

This time I have 5 and 7 year old boys and I don't know how things are going to change. We always go to the cinema or bowling or out for a meal on days out and we want to keep that up as much as possible but its not going to be as easy with a new baby too. I do know though that its going to be so much more fun this time around. I can just see my two boys making the baby laugh and teaching him things (mostly naughty things!). I really can't wait now but it will take some adjusting. I'm due this Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I think I'm just scared my relationship with my daughter is going to change to something I dont recognise.

She's almost 13, a difficult age at the best of times and we've always been very close and done everything together. Now there is going to be a new person on the scene demanding more of my time and its going to be such a difficult balancing act.

I think deep down my biggest fear is that I am going to lose her and that the closeness we have now is going to suffer. I also wonder with such a big gap how they are ever going to bond as brother and sister...she's not into babies and I can't see her fighting us to give the baby his bottles or baths or anything like that

My husband is great, he's a full time dad and has no problem taking the baby to give us "girlie time" so I'm sure its all going to be fine but its only now the baby is nearly here the fact that he's here FOR GOOD is really starting to hit me - a bit late maybe lol

Due date is today and I just turned the phone off...getting texts every five minutes...mainly from oh! He really wanted baby to arrive today so he could get the day off to watch the match tonight:rolleyes: Would be hilarious if I got my first contraction at the full time whistle:D

Advertisement