Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinyl from yesteryear

Options
  • 03-08-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

I was doing a little cleaning in the house today and found bags of vinyl (33s & 45s) from the 60's and 70's. Most are in fairly good condition. I'd like to get them valued and/or sold, anybody any ideas of places I can go in Dublin to get them looked at? Cheers.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Its unusual these days for vinyl to fetch much so they'd need to be quite rare to be worth anything. In the last 4-5 years I've seen the price of what had been rare vinyl drop a huge amount - mainly due to the fact that people have been ripping them to digital formats and then selling the vinyl, which obviously puts more of them back on to the market - and to a market with less demand as people download!

That said you might be lucky and have something that came from a limited run which could now be worth something.

There are numerous places around Dublin that buy/sell 2nd hand but I'd say you'd be looking at a euro a pop or thereabouts for any store buying from you.

Best place to get an idea for value is the following site...

www.gemm.com

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Just out of curiosity, what did you find?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Top the Pops albums form the 60's, lots of live Abba albums mostly. I didnt check out most of the 45's, but they would mostly be singles. About 100 in total I'd say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hmmm, not sure if there will be much of a demand for the abba/top of the pops.
    45's could actually prove to be worth checking out. If you have that many you're bound to turn up a nugget or two.

If you find any Dexys midnight runners, give me a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

You know what, I might have actually seen one from Dexys Midnight Runners. I'll look through later and let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Could you check and see if you have "Magic Fly" by Space c. 1977?

Is so, pm me?

Advertisement