Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranelagh to IFSC

Options
  • 03-08-2009 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I was wondering what would the best way of commuting from Ranelagh/Rathmines to the IFSC and how long would it take. I cant seem to find out with google.

I will be moving to dublin in the next few weeks and working in the IFSC, I was hoping to live in Ranelagh but am starting to think that somewhere along the Dart line may be easier.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Luas and 15 minute walk no good to you? Eventually it will go to the docklands anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There are plenty of buses going through Rathmines that go to Eden Quay which is a 5-10 minute walk from the IFSC; the 128 goes right past the main entrance on Amiens St.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

its only a 30 min walk depending on what part of ranelagh it is

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get an 11/a/b, 44/a/b/c or 48a bus into the city centre and walk to the IFSC.

If gettting a 44/a/b/c or 48a, get off at Pearse station and walk across the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Or cycle, It could only take about 15 to 20 minutes at the most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

traffic through town can be lousy....tho I have yet to experience the bus gate so I dunno if that's improved things :) Yeah, depending on where in Rathmines/Ranelagh a 30-40 min walk maybe? Or cycle, easy peasy. The Luas that goes through Ranelagh doesn't go down to IFSC or did you mean get off at Stephens Green and walk? Such a pity it doesn't connect across the city actually, cos there wouldn't be much point gettin it only two stops to Stephens Green.

Advertisement