Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants...and fees

Options
  • 03-08-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

heya...so does anyone know if i can get a grant of anykind to go to college..iv applied through the cao and hope to go to college.the only thing is my mam cnt afford to send me.i hav a job now but want to go to college. my parents r separated but dnt support me as i hav a job. and when i go back to college they wont have the money to support me so im going to have to support myself....will i be entitled to any grants? Help....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sxcemez

if you ring your local vec and talk to them about your situation they will be able to help you.
    or check out http://www.studentfinance.ie
    go through the steps and you will be able to see if you qualify for the grant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PixyChick

sxcemez wrote: »
    if you ring your local vec and talk to them about your situation they will be able to help you.
    or check out http://www.studentfinance.ie
    go through the steps and you will be able to see if you qualify for the grant.

My VEC was very rude to me today. Im a leaving cert student worried about how my parents will afford me going to college. I should get the grant, the full amount, which will mean I will be fine but I have DCU down as my first and there campus accommodation is so expensive. Are there any grants just for accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

cheers for that, im doing a postgrad soon and was wondering the same myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Great info. I know someone whom this would be of interest to.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

I'm applying for a grant this year. I badly need it as my work this summer has been cut from 5-6 days per week down to 2, and it's impossible to save. I got a grant in 2005 on a previous Level 8 course which I had to drop out of.

I didn't get a grant last year in my 1st year back (also a Level 8 course) because they told me I wouldnt get it once it was my 1st year back when I hadn't completed the previous one. I'm going in to 2nd year now and have applied for one, is there much chance I'd get it?

I sent in all my documentation but left out my results accidentally and they sent it all back, asking for my results too, is this a good sign?

Thanks for any replies :)

• Advertisement

anyone know how much its worth?
    24, postgrad, living with single parent(unfortunately)???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

anyone know how much its worth?
    24, postgrad, living with single parent(unfortunately)???

Depends on a few things...

Here's the grant levels.

Theres a note about post-grad down the end.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

cheers Kenon

Advertisement