Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU/GPU temperature

Options
  • 03-08-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

I've got my new pc up and running and I'm wondering what's the deal with the cpu and gpu temperatures. For a start, how do I even check them? Surely there is a way to do it in windows/linux as opposed to going into the bios at startup?

And secondly, what temperatures should I be getting, how do I know if my pc is running too hot?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've got my new pc up and running and I'm wondering what's the deal with the cpu and gpu temperatures. For a start, how do I even check them? Surely there is a way to do it in windows/linux as opposed to going into the bios at startup?

And secondly, what temperatures should I be getting, how do I know if my pc is running too hot?

There's plenty of apps about to check temps, Speedfan etc. Your mobo maker almost certainly provides one, Asus PC Probe etc. Safe temps vary depending on the CPU/parts so you'll need to provide more info before we can judge anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

Ok here's the details -

Mobo: MSI 770 C45
    CPU: AMD Phenom XII 955
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 285 1GB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ok here's the details -

Mobo: MSI 770 C45
    CPU: AMD Phenom XII 955
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 285 1GB

The AMD overdrive utility will give a great deal of info on your board and CPU's status.

http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=utility&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1812

For the video card, try RivaTuner

http://www.guru3d.com/category/rivatuner/

Advertisement