Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bloody clampers

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sponge Bob hard at it, removing the clamp?

Dude, I would always bolt crop it not batter it with a claw hammer . I prefer to 'force' the clamper to remove his own clamp as I said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I still don't get the point of clamping - towing illegally parked cars away so they don't block access, roads, etc - fine, makes sense. Handing out high fines to idiots who can't park their cars properly or seemingly abandon their vehicles without the consideration of others, fine.

But clamping does NOTHING to alleviate the situation...

'Keeping Galway moving' (the GCC clamper's slogan) - yeah, right.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

What a waste of time and money. I suppose it's meant to be a deterrent in the long run though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Has the OP replied to this thread at all? Or is it possible that they were completely in the wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

why dont they clamp the people who park in wheel chair spaces? saw 3 cars who the driver,s were well able to walk today in orantown centre park their 09,s . if you say anything to them they,d curse you . no point to report them , they be gone when clampers get there. its not fair. i wouldnt dream to park there. hope this thread is ok for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

blond45 wrote: »
    why dont they clamp the people who park in wheel chair spaces? saw 3 cars who the driver,s were well able to walk today in orantown centre park their 09,s . if you say anything to them they,d curse you . no point to report them , they be gone when clampers get there. its not fair. i wouldnt dream to park there. hope this thread is ok for this.
    Agreed, if there's not a permit on the car. Especially when you see this sort of parking:

3678249956_985d7ddb86.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

I was clamped outside my apartment with a up to date permit clearly visable on the dash. When I confronted the clamper (on the phone) he said it wasnt there. Now the reason I know for a fact it was there is that my car was imobile for over a week so I hadnt been in it. It was the RAC guy who was coming to take the car to be fixed that rang me and said I was clamped and he could see the permit in the front.

The clamper continued to lie.

I contacted the Galway Property Management Company who seemed sympathetic but just strung me along until 5 days after being clamped I finally gave in and paid 100 quid.

When he I arrived I said can you see it now? Is it that you cant see the colour blue? He just looked at his shoes and said "It wasnt there sur.."

I ring the Galway Prop Management every day but the person I need to talk to is always "on the phone" or "just popped out" or "on the loo!!!".

I dont know which one is worse now, the lying clamper or the fobbing off Management Co.

Rant over.

GRRRRRRR!!! I HATE CLAMPEERRRRSSS!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

A derpa derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Fiddlesnap wrote: »
    I was clamped outside my apartment with a up to date permit clearly visable on the dash. When I confronted the clamper (on the phone) he said it wasnt there. Now the reason I know for a fact it was there is that my car was imobile for over a week so I hadnt been in it. It was the RAC guy who was coming to take the car to be fixed that rang me and said I was clamped and he could see the permit in the front.

The clamper continued to lie.

I contacted the Galway Property Management Company who seemed sympathetic but just strung me along until 5 days after being clamped I finally gave in and paid 100 quid.

When he I arrived I said can you see it now? Is it that you cant see the colour blue? He just looked at his shoes and said "It wasnt there sur.."

I ring the Galway Prop Management every day but the person I need to talk to is always "on the phone" or "just popped out" or "on the loo!!!".

I dont know which one is worse now, the lying clamper or the fobbing off Management Co.

Rant over.

GRRRRRRR!!! I HATE CLAMPEERRRRSSS!!!!! :mad:

I watched a program about clampers and afaik there's some law that can get them to take the clamp off and take you to court or something... I don't know. I'm extremely paranoid over where I park my car, despite all joking earlier in the thread (earlier in the century!)

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    I watched a program about clampers and afaik there's some law that can get them to take the clamp off and take you to court or something... I don't know. I'm extremely paranoid over where I park my car, despite all joking earlier in the thread (earlier in the century!)
    Was it an English or Irish program?

could have sworn it was Irish. May not have been though, it was months ago.

Out of curiosity, if you did cut a clamp off, what recourse would the clamper have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Xiney wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, if you did cut a clamp off, what recourse would the clamper have?

Assuming you damage the clamp, criminal damage, and they aren't stupid enough to have not taken a photo of your car reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Assuming you damage the clamp, criminal damage, and they aren't stupid enough to have not taken a photo of your car reg.

This one was, I asked him if he had photo evidence proving I had failed to display a permit .. "it wasnt there sur..." was all I got... :rolleyes:

Advertisement