Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Name & Altitude Of This Mountain In Connemara?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You're probably thinking of Diamond Hill aka Bengooria .. that's the hill that's accessible from the Visitor's Centre there. Only 445m.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Thanks for your reply.

I mean the rocky-tipped one bang smack in the centre of that pic - is that the one you're talking about?

Thanks again,

Mark

EDIT: Just googled Diamond Hill & Bengooria, and yo're right - that's the one.

It may be "only" 445m, but I almost had heart failure twice while hurrying to the top where my 8 year-old boy had hoored on up to ahead of me. I'm 41, 14.5 stone and not at all fit, and was worried about my son. Needn't have - he was happy as Larry up there waiting on me, to my shame.

Thanks again for your help,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

I mean the rocky-tipped one bang smack in the centre of that pic - is that the one you're talking about?

Thanks again,

Mark

EDIT: Just googled Diamond Hill & Bengooria, and yo're right - that's the one.

It may be "only" 445m, but I almost had heart failure twice while hurrying to the top where my 8 year-old boy had hoored on up to ahead of me. I'm 41, 14.5 stone and not at all fit, and was worried about my son. Needn't have - he was happy as Larry up there waiting on me, to my shame.

Thanks again for your help,

Mark

It may be only 445m; but it's actually over 1400 feet.
    I'm not a major fan of the old measurements, but sometimes they are a more useful description of the effort involved :)

Looks like you guys had a good day for it - the connemara mountains are lovely if you get the weather!

Advertisement