Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have a few questions.

• 03-08-2009 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Once I get my provisional, do I need to be insured on the car I'm driving? eg. My father's car with him in the passenger seat.

Will they allow me to do my test in a car that has a button for a handbrake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bblock

Each Person Needs To Be Insured Not The Car :)
    As For The Button I'm Not To Sure...
    But You Can Always Rent A Car From Your Instructor But I'd Recomend You Do A Few Pre Tests In The Car Your USING Foe Your Test Weater It Be You Own Car, Fathers, Instructors etx Just To Get Used To The Feel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Once I get my provisional
    Learner Permit!
    do I need to be insured on the car I'm driving?
    Yes, if you intend travelling on a public road.
    quote wrote:
    Will they allow me to do my test in a car that has a button for a handbrake?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bblock

Oh Yeah Its Called A "Learners Permit" (All American I Know)...Same Diff Just A Different Name I Guess....Bar The Whole Not Driving Unaccompanied Thingy...Was Driving For 10 Months As A Lerner (September 08 - June 09) Bearing In Mine I Took Down My L Plates After 6 Months....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Ooops, so old fashioned. >_>

Are there any restrictions on what car you can use for the test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Ooops, so old fashioned. >_>

must be registered in ireland, have at least two seats and a few other things i think

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

No once it is taxed, NCT is up to date and you are insured to drive it and all 3 discs are displayed on the windscreen. The car must be in a roadworthy condition, and with no red warning lights illuminated on the dash etc. The vehicle must also fit the category for the test and that of your license

Advertisement