Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pissed Off

• 03-08-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

I was coming home from work Saturday night and i really really needed to strain the spuds. I pull over at the side of the road, get out of the car and realise i can't see a feckin thing. I grab my phone and use it to light up where i intend going. I start to tinkle so i decide to put my phone back in my pocket and i drop it and proceed to...well i'm sure you can fill in the rest. I haven't left the house since and no amount of time in the hotpress or under a hair dryer will sort it out. 270 quid it cost me last november and now i'm stuck using some sort of sh1te nokia that cost me 49 euro and its as slow as fcuk.

Tell me its just a wet dream

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Boardsie shouldn't own expensive things.. they always seem to be lost/stolen/broke etc.

Is it worth claiming it on contents insurance, accidental damage or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Talk about pissing your money away

...and urinating on it is just salting the wounds =p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is pissing on your phone not included in the warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I know how you feel, I lost my sock at rugby training. You'd think it's just a sock, but they cost money, and the other one is useless without it. :mad:

:pac: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Do you mean "pissed on", OP:confused:

Know how you feel though. I split coffee all over my mini asus laptop the other week and it's fecked :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Do you mean "pissed on", OP:confused:
    I think a bit of both - he is pissed off that he pissed on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:( Have you tried kicking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

There's nothing wrong with the 49€ Nokias. I've had one for 4 years and I've never had a problem with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I only use cheap phones, on my 7th in just over a year, i keep breaking them at work, current one, just superglued the back on to keep it working for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm weird about phones - almost never break or lose them, yet wouldnt trust myself with an expensive one. I think its good to only have the basics out and about with you - can spend more time focusing on other things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Some people have it worse than you, you know.

Half my biscuit just dropped into my tea.

By the time I got a spoon it was too late. It was in bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Erm, why did you have to see where you were going? If you were outside, and couldn't see where you were going, chances are no-one would see you going for a slash in the opposite direction of your car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

super-rush wrote: »
    I was coming home from work Saturday night and i really really needed to strain the spuds. I pull over at the side of the road, get out of the car and realise i can't see a feckin thing. I grab my phone and use it to light up where i intend going. I start to tinkle so i decide to put my phone back in my pocket and i drop it and proceed to...well i'm sure you can fill in the rest. I haven't left the house since and no amount of time in the hotpress or under a hair dryer will sort it out. 270 quid it cost me last november and now i'm stuck using some sort of sh1te nokia that cost me 49 euro and its as slow as fcuk.

Brilliant! :)

That's really cheered me up OP - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

What were you doing with spuds in your car? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

brummytom wrote: »
    Boardsie shouldn't own expensive things.. they always seem to be lost/stolen/broke etc.

Is it worth claiming it on contents insurance, accidental damage or something?

Never insured it
    Talk about pissing your money away

...and urinating on it is just salting the wounds =p

I expected better from you
    bronte wrote: »
    :( Have you tried kicking it?

Yes this evening. Now the screen is cracked
    the_syco wrote: »
    Erm, why did you have to see where you were going? If you were outside, and couldn't see where you were going, chances are no-one would see you going for a slash in the opposite direction of your car...

hindsight is wonderful
    TheZohan wrote: »
    What were you doing with spuds in your car? :confused:

I have no answer to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

You should have gone before you left work.

Where were you when i needed you Saturday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

probably flickin her bean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Never insured it

s
    But would you not try to claim it on your home insurance?

But i pissed on it in a gateway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

But i pissed on it in a gateway.

No.. you put it on the windowsill by your toilet didn't you.. it fell in? ;)
    Insurance is only there to be fiddled

I don't have home insurance.

Advertisement