Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SatNav updates etc HELP!!

Options
  • 03-08-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I have a nuvi200 and have tried to download updates. I downloaded Garmin_rmu_cneunt2010.exe but I'm lost after that. The launch option after just freezes my laptop. That file is over 3 gigs in size. Surely thats too big an update for my satnav? After 10 mins I get a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) message on the screen. I don't have a clue what to do. Thought it would be straightforward!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It contains all of the maps for europe, so yes, it is that big. After running the executable, it needs another 3 gigs or so free, to uncompress the files (temporary), than a further three gigs or so to install the update. I'd say you're probably running out of HD space, but that's just a guess. Otherwise try re-downloading the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

You could also try extracting the files yourself to get past the first stage of the process. You can use a trial version of Winrar software. When Winrar is installed, right-click on the Garmin file and choose 'extract to....'.

When all the files and folders have been extracted, click on the Setup.exe file in the Windows folder.

Advertisement