Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Dysplasia in Dogs - Do Allianz Cover It?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

My dog was recently diagnosed with hip dysplasia. I haven't been in contact with Allianz yet, I'm just wondering will they cover it?

It's not a pre-existing condition, he was never seen for it before, we didn't know he had it before he was insured with them.

Has anyone, or do you know of anyone, who has been able to make a claim for hip dysplasia from Allianz?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It depends, they'll want proof there was no evidence of him having hip dysplasia, I assume they'll ask for copy of the vet's notes/files on him (that's what they asked me for when I put in a claim for emergency vet for my pup when she hurt her paw).
    What does your cover say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daragh71

Did you find out if you are covered by Allianz?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have you got a policy with them already? If so they should cover it as its a condition that has developed since you took out the policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Don't think they cover it for dogs with a breed disposition for the condition.

Advertisement