Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wing Mirror Replacement

• 03-08-2009 8:44pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody any recommendations for someone who supplies and fits wing mirrors for a silver 08 golf? Girlfriends car was parked in a private estate in Ballybricken on Friday and Saturday, returned today and found them kicked completely off.

Now looking to get them sorted, since it cant be driven around without them for very long!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Jesus wept, why would anyone do that.

Are the old mirrors completely useless, or gone? I ask because I had to replace a mirror on an older model Golf and the whole unit was £150 as it was heated and electric. I was able to rescue the plastic, araldite it and just buy a new glass which was a lot cheaper.

Failing that, try scrapyards in Ireland or the UK. I think you can spray the plastic.

SSE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

One is missing, the other could be broken but its missing the glass and cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

These guys are worth a try: http://www.traynors.biz/

My brother dealt with them before, offered a good service with reasonable delivery. Their website seems a bit borked at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

all i can say is to try mcbrides yard over the bridge to see if he has scrapped any new shape vw golfs lately,its a bummer tho really,could turn out expensive depending on colour of the car http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/08-PLATE-GOLF-GTI-DIESEL-PASSENGER-DOOR-MIRROR-SILVER_W0QQitemZ250380388742QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a4bd58986&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks folks, was hoping for somewhere local first for an asap job. If that fails, to the web I go! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i know it is not what you are looking for but it might help others in a similar situation , i cracked my mirror by reversing into a wheelie bin ages ago , anyhow i went to auto factors up by the hyper and they had a stickie on replacement mirror to stick over the cracked one , 2 minute job, all sorted for the whole sum of €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Scrapyards...there's a guy in Lismore, Pascal Power in Glenmore and a guy in Hugginstown. You'll be steeped to get them in silver though. I bought Bora mirrors on Ebay for someone before and they got them sprayed and fitted locally.

There's no cheap way of replacing German car parts

Micks Garage has decent prices if you must buy new.........http://www.micksgarage.com/

wellbutty wrote: »
    Scrapyards...there's a guy in Lismore, Pascal Power in Glenmore and a guy in Hugginstown. You'll be steeped to get them in silver though. I bought Bora mirrors on Ebay for someone before and they got them sprayed and fitted locally.

There's no cheap way of replacing German car parts

Any numbers, by chance?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Any numbers, by chance?!

As per PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 seandepaul

Tut Tut Tut... Someone's breaking the rules

See:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055639807

From Boards.ie Charter:

While each forum has its own forum charter, the general Boards.ie Charter applies to every forum. Common sense prevails when posting on Boards.ie but below is a brief guide;
    • Personal Abuse will not be tolerated – Attack the post and not the poster.
    • Spamming / Advertising will not be tolerated – please contact one of the admins, or sales@boards.ie, for more information on advertising.
    • Posting the same topic in several forums is considered spamming – Please pick the most appropriate forum for your topic, and post it there.
    • Inappropriate Posts will be removed – this includes vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    • Duplicate accounts are not permitted - if you require a duplicate account, please PM one of the admins to discuss it.
    • Txt or l33t speak is not permitted. Its very, VERY, hard to read posts constructed in that way!
    All in all, common sense helps a lot. The above are guidelines - If you are acting out of what could be considered 'normal behaviour', don't be surprised if you get a holiday from Boards.ie.

• Advertisement

Sean: If you bothered to read the two threads you will see they are two separate questions. Tut tut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 seandepaul

Sully wrote: »
    Anybody any recommendations for someone who supplies and fits wing mirrors for a silver 08 golf? Girlfriends car was parked in a private estate in Ballybricken on Friday and Saturday, returned today and found them kicked completely off.

Now looking to get them sorted, since it cant be driven around without them for very long!

Cheers.

From

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055639807:
    Sully wrote: »
    Its a 08 Golf, Silver. Now looking to get them replaced (any suggestions for a place in the Deise?!)

Same question to me!!! And yes I am aware you asked another question in the other thread but why ask the same question twice?

If one of us did this it would be moderated... Who will moderate the moderators

Seandepaul to the rescue!!!!!!!!

Quoting part of a post does not prove your point. Plus, the topic in Motors was 99% different which therefore does not qualify under that rule you so proudly quoted. Your lack of understanding of the rule worries me though :p

Anyway, back on topic please. One of the scrapyards quotes me 150 for the two, in black. Shall keep looking for a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

ebay is definitely the way to go! Had to replace mine off there recently.

Advertisement