Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was Emailed UK/US Code

• 03-08-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Need advice on this one folks, I bought the 12+1 Gold Membership from xboxlive76.com and they send me incorrect code for this region. I called MS and was told it is a uk code and I would need to change gamertag to a uk tag to redeem the code. Now I am not to happy about switching to a new gamertag at all as I am in the fifa league for one.
    I have mailed them back and asked for the correct code but I would imagine they wont be sending me another to fast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

that makes no sense???????

UK codes will work fine here , unless you gamertag is US and not UK???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

calex71 wrote: »
    that makes no sense???????

UK codes will work fine here , unless you gamertag is US and not UK???

Apparently you need european codes here although I never had any issues before, I got a mail form the crowd I bought them from and they say they were US ones (MS checked them for me and said they were uk??) either way I am told that I will get an exchange when the codes i was sent are resold and confirmed by buyer that they are not used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

odd i buy live when i need it for 1-3 months (dont ask :( ) but regularly buy points online, and am only ever given 2 choices , EU or US :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

UK codes work fine here..ive bought of that crowd before...USA ones dont though..so theres a mistake made by someone somewhere but what you do want is a UK or European Code..(same thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Yeah I got this sorted bt the online shop fair play to them. If anything I am pissed that MS told me it was uk codes that dont work here as I see their are only two choices. I take it that I had a US code. I was ordering from my borked laptop with 4 colour graphics so i reckon I did order us codes as its pretty hard to see anything properly.
    Giving the fact that it was my own fault and how xboxlive76 sorted it so quickly then I would have to recommend using them again in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    UK codes work fine here..ive bought of that crowd before...USA ones dont though..so theres a mistake made by someone somewhere but what you do want is a UK or European Code..(same thing)

Jesus, thats a fairly basic mistake for Ms customer service to make.

Advertisement