Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather girls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Credit where it's due: Nuala's been looking fab these past few days. Maybe she reads this forum ... the green dress ? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Ursula is looking HOT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

No
    zimovain wrote: »
    Ursula is looking HOT

Very

JESUS, Jean in that leather outfit earlier:eek: Made the xmas day dress look tame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

No
    zimovain wrote: »
    JESUS, Jean in that leather outfit earlier:eek: Made the xmas day dress look tame!

Serious wasn't it.... She is some woman..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Yep, it was some leather dress. I don't remember her ever being this experimental with her clothes. She was always kind of a goth but since that Christmas day dress she's continued to rebel.

I'm always interested to see what she's going to wear next. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

No
    Was it leather or PVC ?

She looked a bit like a dominatrix :D

No
    Too soon for a pic I suppose.. We'll have to tune in again after the 9 news to see her. I'd guess it was leather. Is she married? some lucky dude if she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

No
    5ewkfo.png

2nulkx5.png

2zs1gr7.png

:cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dominatrix! I like it...

>_>

<_<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

I can feel a high pressure forming in my pants.

Ahhh weathergirls, what would we do without them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

No
    Dominatrix! I like it...

>_>

<_<

My thoughts exactly, couldn't you just see her cracking the wip:cool: What a babe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, looked great tonight, that button thing she had, really looked like a whip in her hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

This thread is really boosting use of the RTE Player I would say.

No
    I went a searching on YouTube, she wore this dress earlier in the year, there's a vid up.. Different neckwear. Smoking though, my appreciation for her is growing everytime I see her.

YouTube - jean byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

2zs1gr7.png

tbh, I think she has been making more of an effort since she found out that she has an Internet following . Fair play to her though, she seems like a nice girl and I'm sure it's a bit of fun for her to have a bit of attention..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

No
    5ewkfo.png

2nulkx5.png

2zs1gr7.png

:eek: go wan ya good ting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

No
    tbh, I think she has been making more of an effort since she found out that she has an Internet following . Fair play to her though, she seems like a nice girl and I'm sure it's a bit of fun for her to have a bit of attention..

At least she gets people talking and intersted in weather segments...even if no one is paying attention to the forecasts :P

I wonder if the ratings for weather segments have risen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

She reminds me of Halle Berry in the X-Men movies ... the chick who controls the thunder and lightening !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

It looked like something crawled around her neck and died though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

this looks very similar is style to the silver dress from christmas. anyone know where she gets them?

No
    ohthebaby wrote: »
    It looked like something crawled around her neck and died though...

Could have done without it. Come back again jean this time without the dead fox or anything else around the neck.

No
    lynski wrote: »
    this looks very similar is style to the silver dress from christmas. anyone know where she gets them?

Some Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

No
    In my own head I am convinced that she does wear those types of clothes deliberately to get attention, and good on you Jean keep it up.Would you ever think that weather presenting looked so good.

SHE'S the weather-watcher who always has her finger on the fashion pulse.
    And now her daring wardrobe choices have bagged meteorologist Jean Byrne legions of followers.
    The RTE weather presenter has raised some eyebrows -- and set the male population's temperature soaring -- with futuristic leather dresses and other avant-garde creations.
    And while some might cruelly refer to her "tinfoil" silver dress worn during a Christmas Day weather bulletin, her fans have proclaimed her as a "fashion ambassador for Ireland".

Unique
    Now two Facebook groups have been set up to celebrate her unique style. The Jean Byrne Appreciation Society on Facebook already has over 240 members and they proudly proclaim her as "the coolest meteorologist in history".
    "The colder it is, the hotter she gets," posted one fan, Barry O'Keeffe.
    Referring to the famous silver dress, which is by Irish designer Joanne Hynes, Jean modestly insisted she didn't know what all the fuss was about.
    "It was Christmas Day so I thought: 'I'm not going to bring out the old boring red jacket that's been gathering dust for the past 20 years -- just because it's red.' I thought people wouldn't particularly notice," she told the Irish Independent.

And while she is delighted by the response from her Facebook fans, she now has the pressure of everyone watching her next fashion step.
    "It's very flattering and I'm really grateful . . . It's probably a bit hard to live up to. You can't do that all the time," she joked.
    Jean says she sees clothes as "a work of art". Like other on-air figures at RTE, she receives a clothing allowance, but she often delves into her own wardrobe for items.

"I'd say my style is fairly unique. It's basically very simple, I love beautiful fabrics, I like things well-cut and nice embellishments like crystals or feathers.
    "I'd rather spend a lot on one item I love. I'm not a follower of trends or a slave to fashion . . . I think it's only in recent years that I settled into what I really like and feel more comfortable with what I wear," she said.
    Training
    Born in Tarbert, Co Kerry, Jean initially decided to study medicine on leaving school, but then made up her mind it wasn't for her and applied for a job at Met Eireann.

Employed first as a meteorological officer, she went for further training at the aviation office in Shannon Airport, which delivers meteorological services to pilots and airlines.
    Afterwards, she moved to the research division in Dublin, where she worked on numerical weather prediction models.
    From there, Jean moved to her present position in the general forecasting division and since 1996 has regularly presented weather on RTE.
    - Breda Heffernan
    Irish Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

5ewkfo.png

is she prick teasing:cool:

kinky tart

Ursula looking well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Don't know why women maintain sexism is dead - she just illustrates that it's very much alive and well thanks to some women.

Therefore considering she obviously is attention seeking, bit of a chubber isn't she? The top of her arms are like thighs. And she's trying a bit hard with the 'trendy' (more like dyslexic) hairstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

No
    fryup wrote: »
    is she prick teasing:cool:

kinky tart

Jean was just presenting the weather again wearing the exact same outfit. Do ya think she reads boards? :D I like to think she does and she's doing it for us. Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Adelante

Totally, Omg I'd like to bring her home to meet the mammy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement