Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Appeal

Options
  • 03-08-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I have been banned from the GAA forum and I want to appeal. Where do I go and what do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What did you do to get a ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I banned Reillyman for his contribution in a thread about the Dublin vs Kerry GAA game today. Despite repeated warnings to all users earlier in thread, Reillyman was trolling on thread. His posts were reported by some users and also received reactions from other users which resulted in them being banned.

The Dublin vs Kerry thread has been quite contentious and a large number of users have been banned for their contributions to this thread. Repeated warnings have been posted warning that severe bans will be issued for trolling and abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Haha, apparently saying anything negative about the state of Dublin GAA is trolling. The 2 people that got banned as a result of one of the debates were both on the "anti-dublin" side per say.

So it's acceptable to poke fun and jibes at Mayo and other "culchie" counties but god forbid should you say anything about Dublin...

This ban is a joke and everyone with any sense knows that. Banned for a month for "trolling":rolleyes: a month which happens to be the most important in the GAA.

Could I have another Moderators opinion on this, preferably one who isn't from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Reillyman wrote: »
    Could I have another Moderators opinion on this, preferably one who isn't from Dublin.
    You most certinly can. I also mod GAA and I'm not from Dublin. I can assure you we don't differentiate between Dublin and any other county. If you see something that you feel is trolling or in any way against the charter, please report it and it will be dealt with.

As for your ban, I'm with cruiserweight. He warned people on thread but quite a few ignored him.

Warned about what? I came on to the thread at around 8 o clock or so and gave my opinion, I didn't see any warnings previously in the thread.

Anyway, I'm still at a loss for why i got banned, could you quote the offending comments please?

Sorry to be taking up your time lads but I feel that this is awful unnecessary...

• Advertisement

If you had taken the time to read the thread before wading in, you would have seen the warning.

By the way, you were banned for this...
    I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Once again Dublin have been demolished outside leinster.

Every single year, they are one of the favourites. They are tipped by pundits, their fans, their players. The rest of the country can see that they are over-hyped prima-donnas, that think they are something else for winning a leinster title.

Just because they beat weak teams such as the Wicklows, Wexfords, Westmeaths, Laois', Offaly's, even Kildare to an extent, by big margins, they think they are world beaters with a divine right to Sam.

I think I speak for 31 other counties when I say one of the highlights of every championship is seeing Dublin getting knocked out.

Cheerio Dublin!!
    Cheerio Ciarán Wheelan-You Thug!!

Trolling. Simple as.

Yes I said that, but how on earth does that constitute a ban??

Posting on a thread about Dublin after they lost badly and gloating about it along with referring to one of their players as a thug would be reason enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Reillyman wrote: »
    Yes I said that, but how on earth does that constitute a ban??

Because calling a sports athlete a thug is way out of order.We're not talking about somebody who mugs old helpless women.

Your post was vitriolic,bitter and uncalled for.

Ban merited.

blackbelt wrote: »
    Because calling a sports athlete a thug is way out of order.We're not talking about somebody who mugs old helpless women.

Sorry, in case anyone didn't see the game, Ciarán Whelan blatantly elbowed a kerry player in the face, and in the '06 semi-final he punched and unexpecting Ronan McGarrity in the face for no reason.

Someone who does this is a thug...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

GAA forum charter states that abuse is not allowed, this is considered abuse.
    NO WILD ACCUSATIONS,ABUSE OR VITRIOLIC RUMOURS OF PLAYERS,REFEREES OR GAA OFFICIALS AND/OR GAA EMPLOYEES.

Due to recent events,the GAA moderators will take a zero tolerance policy on posters who are guilty of the above offense and bans will be handed out.

Until an issue officially becomes FACT,do not present any rumours here on this forum.The moderators will also look for a link/source on presentation of any breaking news.

Any derogatory or abusive language towards a player,official,team and/or province will not be tolerated.
    Please read the charter before posting when your ban is up. Your appeal is denied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement