Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

purse taken from my bag in asda enniskillen today

Options
  • 03-08-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

this is a long shot, but my purse was taken from my handbag in asda enniskillen today. i didnt notice until i went to the checkout with two trolleys. opened my bag, purse gone. it is a lovely louis vuitton purse and there was a fair bit of cash in it. apart from that, i had other stuff in there like credit cards( which i have cancelled), store loyalty cards etc that are a nuisance to have to replace. if anybody seen anything please pm me. as a matter of interest, the staff seemed disinterested, and didnt offer to check cctv, or contact the police

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry to hear about that. Did you have any luck in recovering the purse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

shebafay wrote: »
    this is a long shot, but my purse was taken from my handbag in asda enniskillen today. i didnt notice until i went to the checkout with two trolleys. opened my bag, purse gone. it is a lovely louis vuitton purse and there was a fair bit of cash in it. apart from that, i had other stuff in there like credit cards( which i have cancelled), store loyalty cards etc that are a nuisance to have to replace. if anybody seen anything please pm me. as a matter of interest, the staff seemed disinterested, and didnt offer to check cctv, or contact the police

Very sorry to hear that. Very unfortunate. Did you have any luck recovering it?

I am a bit surprised by the staff reaction. I was there recently and found them all to be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shebafay

i had no luck in recovering the purse. however the next day the head of security at asda contacted me to take details. i also emaiked the psni, and they contacted me, checked cctv footage, but nothing was detected on camera. i did love the store and enniskillen is a a lovely town, but on a trip that was meant to save me money with good value groceries, it ended up being very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sadly that type of activity isn't exclusive to Enniskillen. It can and does happen the length and breadth of the county.

Still it wasn't a very pleasant experience for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

shebafay wrote: »
    i had no luck in recovering the purse. however the next day the head of security at asda contacted me to take details. i also emaiked the psni, and they contacted me, checked cctv footage, but nothing was detected on camera. i did love the store and enniskillen is a a lovely town, but on a trip that was meant to save me money with good value groceries, it ended up being very expensive.

Sorry to hear that. I hope some good luck comes your way to make up for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Obair979

Always keep your wallet on you. Anyone will tell you this, especially in a busy hypermarket where thieves aren't far away. What was the outcome? Did the surveillance cameras catch them?

Advertisement