Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone watching gold on sky digital.

• 03-08-2009 10:42pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone watching gold on sky digital? After every ad there is a small clip of a woman on top of a ladder looking in a window. What the hell is that about? Is anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Whatchoo talkin bout willis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is anyone watching gold on sky digital? After every ad there is a small clip of a woman on top of a ladder looking in a window. What the hell is that about? Is anyone else getting this?

Hmmm.... did you take the yellow pill first or the red one?

Cause, like, that's gonna be a mega-negative buzz for you if you did dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

no, paying every month for TV is stupid

i'm actually waiting for some capacitors to arrive so i can fix my 30e free to air satellite box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dankoozy wrote: »

i'm actually waiting for some capacitors to arrive so i can fix my 30e free to air satellite box

And yet I'm not waiting to fix anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Just turned it on outta curiousity and I said "****! I missed it, I love that episode of Only Fools and Horses!"

But yeah, I do see it, probably a glitch on their behalf I think, otherwise subliminally they're trying to control our minds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dankoozy wrote: »

Meh, it's only a fiver a month each. Not exactly breaking the bank.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jumpguy wrote: »
    Just turned it on outta curiousity and I said "****! I missed it, I love that episode of Only Fools and Horses!"

But yeah, I do see it, probably a glitch on their behalf I think, otherwise subliminally they're trying to control our minds.

Subliminal advertising doesn't work.

*looks around*

Wait a minute, why am I standing on a ladder????

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

he's not making it up as i definitely seen it as well

looked a bit strange alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Subliminal advertising doesn't work.

*looks around*

Wait a minute, why am I standing on a ladder????

Lol AlmightyCushion,considering the name changes the UKTV network made to their channels,it is them that must be taking drugs:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Another thing with the UKTV channels, it really pisses me off when they say "made by the BBC/whoever, chosen by Dave/Gold/whatever". It sounds like they had an important role to play or something. No they didn't, they did **** all, they're just buying it off other channels to make a fortune in advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jumpguy wrote: »
    Another thing with the UKTV channels, it really pisses me off when they say "made by the BBC/whoever, chosen by Dave/Gold/whatever". It sounds like they had an important role to play or something. No they didn't, they did **** all, they're just buying it off other channels to make a fortune in advertising.

They don't really do that since the BBC own 50% of UKTV.

I watch GOLD on UPC Digital should that make any difference?

Advertisement