Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Tilt & Vista crashing problems

Options
  • 03-08-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

:mad:
    Decided to post this here as FT's customer service is sh1te. I'm having terrible trouble with the full tilt software since the new log in page was released.
    The client keeps freezing when i either open up the lobby, cashier or store. It also keeps freezing when I'm in a game. Tonight for
    example it froze twice and I timed out holding KK preflop and on a Q high board with AQ. Pain in the fooking a$$.
    I spoke to someone else and they said they were having similar problems. They, like me are using Vista.

has anybody else come across any problems like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Maybe?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FTPDoug View Post
    b. Severe login screen lag - If it's taking you a minute or more instead of a few seconds to get the login screen to come up, and everything is extremely laggy after that (especially if you open web windows like the Store or Deposit screen), it's possible there are some weird proxy settings screwing with things. Some players have reported that doing the following cleared it up for them:

"If you have Windows XP go to: Start >> Control Panel >> click on Switch To Classic View (left hand side, top left corner) >> Internet Options >> click on the Connections tab >> click on LAN Settings (bottom of window) >> UNCHECK everything >> click OK >> click OK.

So when you click on LAN Settings you should have 'auto detect settings', 'use automatic config script', and the 'proxy server' options all BLANK and NOT Checked."
    It works for vista too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The old client used to freeze when I would open the tournament info screen.

The new one has solved this.

Try an uninstall and fresh install instead of just letting it update. No problems on vista or XP since the last release.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Use the old lobby and the problems stop. Start using the new lobby from the next update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TigersBunker

Just a word of warning a friend using the new software had a complete meltdown upon his whole machine freezing and had to go back to factory settings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

i have,had a load of problems with full tilt since the recent update too. your not on your own anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Usiing the old lobby and doing the 'auto detect settings' fix (mentioned earlier) worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

All tables seem to freeze for me when I open up Internet Explorer 8.

If I close IE8, everything starts up again, showing messages that I had disconnected. :confused::(:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

TheRock wrote: »
    All tables seem to freeze for me when I open up Internet Explorer 8.

If I close IE8, everything starts up again, showing messages that I had disconnected. :confused::(:confused:
    Use FireFox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

CHD wrote: »
    Use FireFox

:P Lol, Yes that works, as does Chrome. But I cant escape IE for some reason.

Advertisement