Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter here--Boards Fantasy Premier league 2009/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Ship the 7 bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Ship the 7 bonus points.

how do you get bonus points?

im guessing its something to do with team of the week????

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Irish Iron wrote: »
    how do you get bonus points?

im guessing its something to do with team of the week????

A team of press people assign bonus points in each game

3 points for the best player, 2 for 2nd best and 1 for 3rd best. Very often the bonus points assigned make no sense however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

bah Zamora my first sub, not likely unless Carrick or O'Shea don't play

KevIRL wrote: »
    A team of press people assign bonus points in each game

3 points for the best player, 2 for 2nd best and 1 for 3rd best. Very often the bonus points assigned make no sense however.

Case in point

Cresswell (Stoke) got 2 bonus points today even though he only played 4 mins:eek:

Hopefully its an error and they correct it, otherwise its just a farce

• Advertisement

Case in point

Cresswell (Stoke) got 2 bonus points today even though he only played 4 mins:eek:

Hopefully its an error and they correct it, otherwise its just a farce

lol i cant find the bonus points part of it at all,

what were they for the west ham game.
    should be in this order:

green
    cole
    the new russian lad for wolves

lol i cant find the bonus points part of it at all,

what were they for the west ham game.
    should be in this order:

green
    cole
    the new russian lad for wolves

noble got 3
    halford got 2
    jiminez got 1

hmmm

noble got 3
    halford got 2
    jiminez got 1

hmmm

In general you will find that if a player gets a goal and an assist (or more) they will score well on the bonus points.

Halford is very unusual though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Boo urns! Got rid of Vermaelen, Noble and a few other good point scorers before today. Ended up with a measly 20 points from day1, but hoping that Valencia, Evra, Rooney, Modric and Defoe will bump that up tomorrow.

Come on United, and of course Spurs too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

72 points for gameweek 1 baby!!!!

• Advertisement

50 points from week 1.

Okay, but no great shakes. Thankfully I can field a full team for GW2 without having to make any transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

wont let me log in - says there are too many managers logged in. Boo

newbie2 wrote: »
    wont let me log in - says there are too many managers logged in. Boo

Ya, was just saying on the soccer forum how I hope they sort out the server problems. All weekend the site has been a nightmare to get around, what makes this FF stand out from the rest is the real time updates and the ability to check opposition teams as the goals go in over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Propping up the table with 42 points, oh the shame

56 points. A good solid start to be in joint 13th with a few others. Still sick that I got rid of Vermaelen and Noble just to cater for GW2, in which I can barely field a decent strength team.
    Anyone who had Fabregas and Drogba in the team cleaned up, especially if they had Fab as captain (44 points alone) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Ahaha what a terrible start for me. Rock bottom last but don't worry the comeback king is here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

$20 shipped if it's not too late to sign up. PM sent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Shadowless wrote: »
    $20 shipped if it's not too late to sign up. PM sent anyway.

Ollie (the organiser of this thread) was saying the other day that late entries would have to start from scratch, although I think he was referring to players who set up a bunch of teams and then after a few weeks decided on entering their best team, so maybe after 1 game you dont fall under that catagory.

Ollie, you need to make a decision on shadowless, he scored 60 pts on week 1, if he comes in, does he start on 60 pts or on 0 pts?

And shadowless, do you want in regardless?

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

connie147 wrote: »
    Ollie (the organiser of this thread) was saying the other day that late entries would have to start from scratch, although I think he was referring to players who set up a bunch of teams and then after a few weeks decided on entering their best team, so maybe after 1 game you dont fall under that catagory.

Ollie, you need to make a decision on shadowless, he scored 60 pts on week 1, if he comes in, does he start on 60 pts or on 0 pts?

Connie

Yeah throw me in regardless. I'd a decent spin up tonight so the $20 won't kill me. I'm not quite conniving enough to have multiple teams but I can understand it might set a bad precedent. Sure let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Only Aces

Connie
    PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Connie

I've no problem with it as the points difference is not that big. Nice score 60.

gl

These mid-week games won't be getting much points for me.
    Had to use my free transfer to get rid of Eckersly for Stephen Carr who is guaranteed more 1st team football.
    Unfortunately I'm stuck with Ebankes-Blake injured and I don't have any other subs to use that are playing in GW2. Can't risk switching him for another low-priced striker and getting 4 points deducted. So looks like 10 men will be playing in GW2.

This league will be a tactical battle from start to finish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Still no joy with stars, dont mind starting on less points tho, not other ppls fault i noticed too late/didnt get sorted in time :) Will ship connie the loot as soon as poss. If u have a boyle account i can ship now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

mocata wrote: »
    Still no joy with stars, dont mind starting on less points tho, not other ppls fault i noticed too late/didnt get sorted in time :) Will ship connie the loot as soon as poss. If u have a boyle account i can ship now?

PM sent with Boyles transfer details

Connie

bantee wrote: »
    These mid-week games won't be getting much points for me.
    Had to use my free transfer to get rid of Eckersly for Stephen Carr who is guaranteed more 1st team football.
    Unfortunately I'm stuck with Ebankes-Blake injured and I don't have any other subs to use that are playing in GW2. Can't risk switching him for another low-priced striker and getting 4 points deducted. So looks like 10 men will be playing in GW2.

This league will be a tactical battle from start to finish :pac:

My tactic is 0 transfers this GW2 (11 starters anyway) and then 2 free ones for GW3

My tactic is 0 transfers this GW2 (11 starters anyway) and then 2 free ones for GW3

Sounds good but I had to offload Eckersly for Carr otherwise I'd only have 9 starters for GW2. My priority is to get rid of Distin for GW3 as Pompey will be shipping goals. Unless he decides to sign for some else in the meantime.

I'll leave SEB on the bench until I find out how long he will be missing for Wolves. Pretty much hoping that my United lads will score big for me tomorrow evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

afaik it doesnt work like that, you get one free one a week and they cant be carried over. you get one wildcard a season where you can transfer as many as you like at no impact to points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Killme00 wrote: »
    afaik it doesnt work like that, you get one free one a week and they cant be carried over. you get one wildcard a season where you can transfer as many as you like at no impact to points

incorrect.

It was change this year to allow you carry 1 over at max.

So if you don't use it in week 2, you can use 2 in week 3 etc.

Killme00 wrote: »

As Ollie has mentioned below, it was a change brought in this year (along with private H2H leagues and sub captains)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Can I still join this league? Have team in another league but this one sounds like a lot more of a laugh ...

Advertisement