Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter here--Boards Fantasy Premier league 2009/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I have a grand total of 7 players lining out for me this week.:o

In fairness I knew this would happen and got a good haul last weekend so i've taken a gamble with my transfer as he may not even start.

Ollie/Connie, I paid on behalf of Only Aces last week and it was confirmed but he didn't receive the code, is it ok if I send it to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I have a grand total of 7 players lining out for me this week.:o

In fairness I knew this would happen and got a good haul last weekend so i've taken a gamble with my transfer as he may not even start.

Ollie/Connie, I paid on behalf of Only Aces last week and it was confirmed but he didn't receive the code, is it ok if I send it to him?

Yep if he's paid up thats not a problem and Connie as his team name etc.

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Can I still join this league? Have team in another league but this one sounds like a lot more of a laugh ...

No Problem, look back over the thread and you'll see Connies Stars SN and send the money to him. Can you post up your Team name here ASAP.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Yep if he's paid up thats not a problem and Connie as his team name etc.

Yeah he was all paid up last week and Connie had confirmed entry so i've pm'd him the code. Cheers.

Dam you Bent, I thought he'd be a bad transfer for the week as they're up against Chelsea.

Yeah he was all paid up last week and Connie had confirmed entry so i've pm'd him the code. Cheers.

Dam you Bent, I thought he'd be a bad transfer for the week as they're up against Chelsea.

Bent is the buy of the season as Sunderland are a lot better team then last year and Jones and Bent will make a great pair with Jones creating and making space for Bent to take the glory....

So why didn't I pick him too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Goal for FFL and Bent.

16 points from 4 players (pre bonus points.)

KevIRL wrote: »

16 points from 4 players (pre bonus points.)

21 from 4 after bonus points. Cant understand how FFL got 3 bonus points. But not unhappy about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

God damn it! Of course I switched my captain from Lamps to Rooney after Game 1. He better score a hat-trick tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm playing the rent boy equivalent over on Facebook. It looked pretty decent to start with but now it's become apparent that it's far too basic and dependent on goals scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

chelski defence is killin me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Cant believe that I never checked the fixtures when I picked my team, I had only 5 players for w2 so the wild card is gone already :o but 20 points from 4 players with all hopefully playing tomorrow and Torres as captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

31 points from 3 players last night to go with 53 points from week 1 (why Arshavin and not Fabregas - Doh!). Nice one, Lampard - oh captain, my captain! Almost makes up for his Week 1 debacle.

8 more players tonight

Spotted the fixtures issue late on Friday night and had to rebuild my team from scratch. Thought I was being smart by dropping Fabregas and picking Arshavin at the very, very, last minute - hate that!

Was hoping Doyle would be back, and that McCarthy (Wigan) would get picked - so down to bare 11 players eligible from 15. Fingers crossed.

Birmingham 0 - 0 Portsmouth
    Burnley 0 - 4 Man utd (Evra, O'Shea, Fletcher 2)
    Hull City 2 - 2 Spurs (Turner 2, Modric 2)
    Liverpool 2 - 1 Stoke City (Kuyt 2, anyone from Stoke to stop Liverpool getting a clean sheet)

Welcome back, Premier League!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Poor showing last night from Fulop, Cattermole and Gomez (Wigan). Hoping that my United lads get a few goals and assists tonight and also the Spurs lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

No Problem, look back over the thread and you'll see Connies Stars SN and send the money to him. Can you post up your Team name here ASAP.

Do not have a Stars account. Only GJP - could this work?

Or, would anyone be willing to do a Stars transfer and I will transfer money to them on GLP please?

Thanks

51 points I think.

Consistant anyway. 50 in GW1, 51 in GW2

Can't check due to excessive traffic, bah. Defoe got a hat-trick so my points should be decent. Poor showing from rest of team though.

I don't know how I did until I can check later, I was up against it with only 7 players and one of them was Shawcross:(, Rooney was booked(my captain),I had Valencia in there too.
    My goal was 28 points for the night to take me to 100, Gerrard was in for 2 assists I'd say so he might have helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Only Aces

only got 25 points i think. Have another team and had defoe as captain (34 points) and gerrard (11). Why Why OH WHY

As I thought, it was a poor mid-week with Defoe bumping the total to 39. The leader is on 116 points so not too far behind.
    Used the free transfer to swap Distin for Shawcross (he might move to Liverpool) and decided to take a 4 point hit with A Young for Cahill in midfield.
    Figured that Villa won't score against the Pool at Anfield and Everton have an easier fixture.

51 points I think.

Consistant anyway. 50 in GW1, 51 in GW2

The winner last year average just short of 60 points a week, I average 51 points and was nearly 360 points of the leader at the end of the seasons. The league is a lot tougher this year with players having higher values in the top 4/5 teams and Ronaldo been gone which was nearly always a double score most weeks. So I reckon a average of 58 points a week is need to have a chance this year off winning and also been able to carry a transfer forward might even push that out to 60 pts per week.

You won't see any trends until around week 10 so I wouldn't get too worried at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

Any word on what way the $$$ will be distributed ....... 1st, 2nd and so forth.........?....Is entry to the league closed now.......

bazwin wrote: »
    Any word on what way the $$$ will be distributed ....... 1st, 2nd and so forth.........?....Is entry to the league closed now.......

top 3

entry still open but you have to start with zero points, unless you're score is average and than we might be able to accommodate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

i am sh1te at this game

20 points in week 2

The winner last year average just short of 60 points a week, I average 51 points and was nearly 360 points of the leader at the end of the seasons. The league is a lot tougher this year with players having higher values in the top 4/5 teams and Ronaldo been gone which was nearly always a double score most weeks. So I reckon a average of 58 points a week is need to have a chance this year off winning and also been able to carry a transfer forward might even push that out to 60 pts per week.

You won't see any trends until around week 10 so I wouldn't get too worried at this stage.

Not to mention the fact that its nigh on impossible to have your captain miss a game this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

had a horrible mid week, Hoping to put that right this weekend!

Not to mention the fact that its nigh on impossible to have your captain miss a game this year

yeh forgot about that, so it will be at least 60 pts a week average.

hopefully arshavin bangs in 4 tomorrow... or even if he gets 4 assists, a clean sheet and 3 bonus points ill be happy

25 points from 7. Cant see my lot getting any bonus points.

Got A Cole, Lampard, Kuyt and Torres (c) to play though

25 points from 7. Cant see my lot getting any bonus points.

Got A Cole, Lampard, Kuyt and Torres (c) to play though

29 with 4 to play including a captain so I'm hoping to break the 50 mark again. Really need Gerard to do the business tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Really need Gerard to do the business tomorrow.

Or monday even :p

I was plastered the crown melbourne watching this fixture a few months back. Another 5-0 please!!! Glen Johnson and Kuyt to chip in with some goals and assists!

My backline will look like this within the next 2 weeks

GJohnson -- Terry -- Bosingwa -- Gallas -- Zhirkov (when hes back)

Hopefully it will do some damage for me

Advertisement