Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorial Tattoo

Options
  • 03-08-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

wonder if anyone can help/advise? I am looking to have a memorial tat of my mum and i don't really know wot to get. I already have 5 tats but i want this to have true meaning. I have researched it and i have been looking at flowers, fairies etc but it isn't really wot i want. I was thinking of sumthing Japanese......anyone out there help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Portrait? if so JMD in waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭patchybaby

cheerz will...thought about that myself.....it's getting the right person to do it...i shall look into that...thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

What about something that was special to her? Did she like cats or giraffes or something like that?

yeah...she loved animals....don't know if she had a particular favourite...it's so hard because i want it just rite....i was looking at sumfin japanese...i fancy sumfin along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'd be with Will on this, I think a portrait is the obvious choice though I personally think Joe Myler from JMD's portraits are his worst hand in his tattoo skill-set. Very good artist no doubt about it, but photorealistic portraits can be very tricky.
    If you're stuck on the Japaneses theme then I'd google up a page on the meaning behind japanese tattoo imagery and create a scene from that using images that you feel relate to your mother.

• Advertisement

yeah i had a look at his web site...some nice stuff on there....it would have been better if the actual pictures were displayed alongside the tats..that way i cudav compaired......gonna get googling again.....much appreciated xx

Advertisement