Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight Night Round 4

• 03-08-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Somethings gone horribly wrong...

I was a big fan of Fight Night Round 3 on the Xbox, so saw number 4 and picked it up without hesitation.
    Well, EA have pretty much crippled what was one of my favourite games.
    There are massive load times (major problem with 3 I found) that just make the game a bit of a chore, then the actual fights don't feel as good as they used to... the contact with the punches is too weak or something.

In 3 they used to have an option between rounds where you could fix cuts/bruises in a specific spot and the player had to do this manually ... in 4 they just have a bit where you decide between stamina/damage/health.

Calendar yoke in 4 is a bit messed up... you can spend months doing nothing, why not allow some training or something?!

I'm just hugely disappointed.

What did anyone else think of the game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

hated it actually.Rented it out to test it before I'd buy it.Glad I did, got most of the achievements in about 2 days with out playing it that much.the career mode just dragged and was overly repeatitive and once you become champion you fight picks are really limited.
    I did like the create a fighter bit though, and thought that other games could learn from the downloadable player fighters thing.Its an alright game if its something you might play every now and then or rent for a few days.But i can't see the long term appeal of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Played it all night and I'm sliiiiightly warming to it, but I still can't understand how they went from a great game with 3 and made a mediocre game for 4, I thought it would have been a case of keeping the majority and just sticking on some fancy graphics. I only wanted it for its xbox360 ways... should have just rooted for the 360 version of 3. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Me and my roomate have wasted hundreds of hours on Round 3 but i downloaded the demo for 4 and was shocked at how much they changed everything. The fighting seems so much slower and sluggish compared to 3 even the graphics seem to have taken a step backwards, I can honestly see no reason to buy round 4 when i already own round 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I was like most of you, disappointed with FN4. I thought it was ridiculously tough, and almost impossible to get a KO in (and i was a long time FN3 veteran). I gave up on 2 successive career modes because my boxers ended up so weak that i was getting pummeled in the first rounds by everyone i fought.
    But i stuck with it, and now im out of the mindset of trying to play it exactly like i played FN3 and im really enjoying it. The legacy mode is pretty cool, but you have to auto train for the first part of the career, until your stats reach about the 70's, then youll actually have enough power and speed to play the training games and get good scores.
    I think the boxing once you get used to it is more fluid and feels more realistic (even if it is still quite unrealistic and definitely not a simulator, more arcadey), so all ill say is stick with it and your opinion may change. After i retired my legacy mode boxer as G.O.A.T with 52 fights, 50 wins and 50 K.O's, i was pretty pleased with myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

0ubliette wrote: »
    After i retired my legacy mode boxer as G.O.A.T with 52 fights, 50 wins and 50 K.O's, i was pretty pleased with myself :D

Nice!

I've a question for you, how long does it take to rank up usually? i've had 25 fights and am still a contender (w20, d2, l3) seem to have been the same rank for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Nice!

I've a question for you, how long does it take to rank up usually? i've had 25 fights and am still a contender (w20, d2, l3) seem to have been the same rank for ages!

It takes forever to get up from contender, you have to win a belt to rank up to champion, and that can take almost your entire career! It was literally only in my last 15 fights out of the 52 that i went from contender, to champion, to ring legend and finally goat. Was stuck at contender for about 30 fights!

Advertisement