Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english bull terrier

Options
  • 03-08-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

does anyone know of where i can get an english bull terrier, preferably a puppy,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69838 might be helpful
    and checking with the IKC maybe?
    Also there might be some looking for homes in shelters

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

why not try Dogs In Distress i think they're called. They try to rehome the so called restricted breeds. they're based in dublin,try googleing them:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eg6civic

ya il try them, i would prefer to get a pup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 harryR

the name of the breed is BULL TERRIER.. also just to point out you dont need to muzzle bull terriers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eg6civic

when you say bull terriers that can be easily misunderstood for staffordshire bull terrier etc the offical name is english bull terrier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

harryR wrote: »
    the name of the breed is BULL TERRIER.. also just to point out you dont need to muzzle bull terriers

Whats the difference between, as the OP stated English Bull Terrier, and what you say is the Bull Terrier?
    Are they not the same breed?

You do have to muzzle an English Bull Terrier right?
    Or is this a case of calling it something different in order to skirt around the Regulations?

Do you have to muzzle a GSD and not an Alsation?

You will just land yourself in trouble if you are approached by a warden or whoever it is that enforces these (granted, unfair) regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The restricted breeds list does include the bull terrier, unfortunately, so by law they are supposed to be muzzled,(which i dont agree with).

Officially they are known as Bull terriers but are called English Bull terriers too.

The legislation has german shepard with alsation in brackets beside it which covers that,second of all the wording of the law is very important,on the bull terrier thing,there is no recgonised breed named ENGLISH BULL TERRIER, Fci and Ikc ect only register the BULL TERRIER,people can call them english bull terriers all they want but the facts are there called BULL TERRIERS,the debate of weather they even should be on a ''restricted breed'' list is a whole different debate which I think should be scrapped and new legislation should be brought in..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

eg6civic wrote: »
    does anyone know of where i can get an english bull terrier, preferably a puppy,thanks

Did you get one? There is a staffie bull terrier pup on Dogs in Distress. They have them quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

harryR wrote: »
    ...the facts are there called BULL TERRIERS,the debate of weather they even should be on a ''restricted breed'' list is a whole different debate which I think should be scrapped and new legislation should be brought in..
    I agree there should be some, modern, legislation introduced but the fact remains that these dogs are listed on the Control of Dogs Regulations and so must be muzzled when in public.

OP - have you got anything sorted yet?

• Advertisement

there is clearly no breed of dog which is named ENGLISH bull terrier so its a waste of time putting the name on the list,the legislation is way too old anyways and needs serious updating,control of ownership of dogs and no control of just dogs,muzzling all these dogs mostly bull breeds in cruel and just taring the one breed(S) with the same brush

Advertisement