Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N-gage Problem

• 27-11-2004 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭

My n-gage won't turn on for some reason, was working fine earlier today then i turned it off, it faded off rather than just shutting down like usual which i thought was a bit weird, then when i went to turn it back on, the screen goes white, nokia comes up but then it just fades out again, dodgy battery perhaps?
    Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Maybe try powering up with the adapter plugged in? Might be software problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Id say its a software problem bring it down to club nokia theyll have it fixed in a day or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

do they have a shop based in dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I would think so more than one anyway!Ask around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

same prob with me ...in my case pulled out battery and put it back in and it worked fine!
    could be dirty contacts between battery and fone as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

dub_dan wrote:
    do they have a shop based in dublin?
    Hi dub_dan

Here is where you will find a list of the Club Nokia service points in Dublin

Hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

id imagine its the battery, though a software upgrade might not do it any harm, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Could be 'White Screen Syndrome' - a firmware bug of sorts. Apparently it's what happens if you fill the phone's memory. It needs to write stuff to phone memory while it's booting so if you don't leave free space it's screwed. I don't know how you can recover without sending back for service.

Advertisement