Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebus/Bosch/Thorne/????

Options
  • 04-08-2009 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Well I m nearly finished the Tom Thorne series having already read Rankin and Bosch. Can anyone reccomend anthoer similar series to me?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

JimBob85 wrote: »
    Well I m nearly finished the Tom Thorne series having already read Rankin and Bosch. Can anyone reccomend anthoer similar series to me?

Thanks

You mean Rebus? Why not try Dave Robicheaux or the local Ed Loy? Charlie Parker is excellent if you don't mind a bit of the out of world approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Locamon wrote: »
    You mean Rebus? Why not try Dave Robicheaux or the local Ed Loy? Charlie Parker is excellent if you don't mind a bit of the out of world approach.

Ya sorry I ment Rebus. When you say local do you mean that Ed Loy is a Irish based series?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

+1 for James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux series.

And also maybe Lee Child and his Jack Reacher series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Ya sorry I ment Rebus. When you say local do you mean that Ed Loy is a Irish based series?

south Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Thanks

English auther Mo Hayder - her lead character DI Jack Caffrey is very similar to Bosch (smoking, drinking, womanising, truculent, with a Bosch style reason for why he became a cop in the first place).

Warning - the 4 Caffrey books must be read in order as she has an annoying habit of having her lead character refer to the previous stories.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Hayder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I didn't like the Robicheaux books very much, and don't like the Lee Child books that much either.

Robert Crais is OK - the Elvis Cole books are a little cheesy, but a bit of fun. James Ellroy might be worth a look too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭zesman

What about Jack Taylor, Ken Bruen's Galway based detective?

Advertisement