Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating Birth Parents

Options
  • 04-08-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Im was adopted in 1989. Im now nearly 20 and interested in getting some information on my birth parents but I dont know where to start!!! Any one have any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

first of all if its information your looking for i would contact the adoption agency that delt with your adoption and ask them for your non id information, that will include your mothers first name her circumstances at the time, where u where born weight etc.
    if you decide then to do a search for your birthparents you can ask the agency or do your own.
    some of the adoption agencies have closed down and the files are with the hse, if so just ring the adoption board and they will be able to tell you where your records are held....good luck... kathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭martinf

Kathy has given you a good idea of how to progess. If you are looking for some additional pointers then theres a tracing guide from Adoption Ireland as a sticky on this thread. There's also one on www.adoption.ie in the tracing section (hope I'm allowed put that web address up). If you have any specific questions then I'm sure there are people on this site that will be able to help.

best wishes

Martin

Advertisement