Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting microsoft points

• 04-08-2009 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, is there a cheaper way on gettin microsoft points because they are quite expensive??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I get mine here http://live-codes.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

if you dont have a credit card like myself, i like to use http://www.gamesbite.com/

They had a special offer before on 2100 microsoft points which was pretty much the same price as most other sites except you can pay via paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

gamesbite looks like a really good site.. have you bought stuff from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tommylaws

calex71 wrote: »
    I get mine here http://live-codes.com/
    +1

I always get mine from here...codes arrive in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cobrastarship

you can get them in must shops for 22 euros now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

gamesbite looks like a really good site.. have you bought stuff from there

yeah i have. no problems with them. took a few hours for them to send it and if you have any problems, they offer live support chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I used Live-Codes and had now probs. Code arrived within minutes. I used Gamesbite and didnt get a code. No replies to my emails aswell.

Swizz wrote: »
    I used Live-Codes and had now probs. Code arrived within minutes. I used Gamesbite and didnt get a code. No replies to my emails aswell.

ok thats every interesting. did you try the live support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

ok thats every interesting. did you try the live support

If you work for them I want my money back.

Swizz wrote: »
    If you work for them I want my money back.

ha i dont. you should ring them up and tell them what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What does a thread have to do to get a sticky around here?! :confused::D

jenno86 wrote: »
    lol tell me about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

hi guys

do you know any websites that take laser?

nope sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

jenno86 wrote: »

What does a site have to do to get people to use the search button around here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Went for Live Codes rather than Games Bite purely because it was about a euro cheaper. Haha. Been about 10mins now and no sign of the code. Wondering if they only operate during business hours...

Soundman wrote: »
    Went for Live Codes rather than Games Bite purely because it was about a euro cheaper. Haha. Been about 10mins now and no sign of the code. Wondering if they only operate during business hours...

nar should be instant with my past experiences... you emailed them and checked your junk mail folder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Took 3 hours to come through in the end, from getting the receipt email to getting the code.

In between I had the idea that it might have been blocked by my CC company as they have done that on occasion. They see a transaction being made in the middle of the night to a website that they don't know and block it. Happened before when using Komplett or Elara. Wasn't them though.

All good now anyway. Wanted to get the points in advance of Shadow Complex coming out. Sure I might buy a few more things in the mean time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭noodlesmcfilthy

I read this forum and decided I'd try out the Livecodes site... I've been waiting 24 hours and still no codes. In all fairness, the support has been pretty decent... but I was under the impression that I'd have my microsoft points by now.
    Has anyone ever had this kinda trouble with them before?

Looking into it more, the problem seems to be with Google Checkout.. I've never used them before, so I've no idea how reliable they are.

I read this forum and decided I'd try out the Livecodes site... I've been waiting 24 hours and still no codes. In all fairness, the support has been pretty decent... but I was under the impression that I'd have my microsoft points by now.
    Has anyone ever had this kinda trouble with them before?
    Nope, always instant for me, did your payment clear?

• Advertisement

Doesn't even appear to be getting that far... I've double checked by GoogleCheckout account, everything seems to be alright.

As I say, Livecodes customersupport has been pretty helpful so far... even goin as far as to giving me a small discount, as a gesture, on my purchase.

So i've no idea what the hold up is...

Your order isnt reviewing is it? When i first ordered i got a message from them saying my order was under review... but my order was sent about an hour later. But ever since its been instant.

Yeah the review seems to be the problem... but it's literally been waiting for review since this time yesterday.
    All I can do is wait really.. if it takes much longer I'll cancel and try that gamesbite site.

Well after numerous emails back and forth from Livecodes (those guys have really great customer support) it appears that GoogleCheckout is squarely to blame and I was advised by email to cancel the order... and to try again when I've sorted it out with Googlecheckout, but they haven't replied to my email.

I then went to Gamesbite and ordered the MSpoints for a couple of euro more, hoping that it would all happen a bit faster.. that was an 2 hours a go and I've still not recieved a code.

I appear to be having some pretty poor luck buying MSpoints online...
    Does anyone know if Gamesbite only functions during working hours or something?

Ive just ordered from them again and code came within a few seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I've been through a few different 'companies' trying to get gaming points and this is by far the best, always delivered right away. Pay with google checkout
    http://www.gamepointsnow.co.uk/microsoft-points?gclid=CJjtjpSjupwCFYYU4wod3Eyxng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

www.zavvi.co.uk are excellent. Actually most online stores that are based in the UK are pretty cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

I take it from all the vouchin live-codes is safe for handing over your card number etc??

Do they accept maestro?

its google that take the payment not live-codes... its a bit like paypal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Anybody use a laser with this site?

Advertisement