Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idiot gets clamped for blocking hospital entrance

• 04-08-2009 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I caught this on camera today and Its not often that I would give credit to clampers, at about 4.30PM outside ST Michaels hospital in Dunlaoghaire some idiot leaves an unatended car at the entrance to the hospital and gets clamped. .

The guy puts up a dispute with the attendant over the e70 fine to get his car released. The Hospital attendant should have left the clamp on and called the tabloids. :D

(Click on image to enlarge and use zoom funtion)

hospital.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Cant see any pic but why was he clamped? Surely this slows the process of moving the car, if its blocking the hospital entrance. Idiot clampers

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

Link not working can you please fix

edit : you beat me to it New approach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Cant see any pic but why was he clamped? Surely this slows the process of moving the car, if its blocking the hospital entrance. Idiot clampers

Exactly. Car should have been put on a flat bed truck and hauled out of there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

To be honest this shows the utter stupidity of clamping.

This guy was causing an obstruction , so what do we we do , clamp him so he can't move his car !

Stupid stupid stupid

Tow the damn thing .

The sooner we get the same idea as the Scots and outlaw clamping on private land the better in my opinion

Run to da hills , in no way do I disagree with you that this guy was a selfish idiot , but I am disagreeing in the method it was dealt with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

"...but in my country, "ambulance" means "park here"..."

The only thing about this situation is that he is only hindering visitors and staff from coming and going.

The A&E entrance is around the back of the hospital, now if they had clamped him there it would be stoopid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Lot of people missing the point , forget the clamp,hopefully thats a few well needed quid for to keep the hospital open, ..that twat parked in a idiotic place..i'll bet he was going to Argos across the road...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I was distracted from lookng at the clamping pic by this little beauty on the same page..........

http://img4.imageshack.us/i/reonkadena2.jpg/?a=V&ci=0&rt=3

RARR !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Hammertime wrote: »
    I was distracted from lookng at the clamping pic by this little beauty on the same page..........

http://img4.imageshack.us/i/reonkadena2.jpg/?a=V&ci=0&rt=3

RARR !!!

Here, some of us are in a work environment, don't but putting up "not safe for work" pictures without a warning. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Here, some of us are in a work environment, don't but putting up "not safe for work" pictures without a warning. :mad:

Or try this. stay off Boards and...

DO SOME WORK, YOU SLACKER :p

also, boo to clampers and idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Davidth88 wrote: »
    To be honest this shows the utter stupidity of clamping.

This guy was causing an obstruction , so what do we we do , clamp him so he can't move his car !

Stupid stupid stupid

Tow the damn thing .

The sooner we get the same idea as the Scots and outlaw clamping on private land the better in my opinion

Run to da hills , in no way do I disagree with you that this guy was a selfish idiot , but I am disagreeing in the method it was dealt with.
    It was clamped by the hospital porter, not as if couldn't be released in minutes, I'm sure he was watching it like a hawk until your man came back. If it was left there any longer I'm sure the Gardai would have had it towed it away promptly.

Expensive lesson, BTW the guy was not Irish, he might have thought the place was a hotel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

look on the bright side the hospital is still open, this picture may be relished in time to come titled the good old days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Can someone explain the mentality of clampers and clamping in general!?

Lets see, its blocking the road in a potentially dangerous place, i know, we'll lock it there so it cant be moved :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

timmywex wrote: »
    Can someone explain the mentality of clampers and clamping in general!?

Lets see, its blocking the road in a potentially dangerous place, i know, we'll lock it there so it cant be moved :rolleyes:
    It's simple, deterrence. Towing cars is preferable in principle, but it's far slower and more expensive. People would realize this and (probably rightly) think that they could leave their car blocking an entrance for 20 mins without being towed. A car with a clamp on it is also in itself a deterrent to others.

Advertisement