Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney's City2Surf as a Pub Crawl...

Options
  • 04-08-2009 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I had big plans on running in this year's City2Surf a few months back but I think I rushed into the training a bit to suddenly and after a few weeks I ended up with shin splints. :(
    They're taking forever to heal and I've been advised not to run in this years event but I wouldn't mind participating on some level anyway.
    Walking it is one option but not very exciting so I'm looking into the idea of doing it as a pub crawl. Maybe a pub every 2km or something.

I'm wondering if someone here has run the route before or knows the area and whether they think there would be a pub ever 2 km or do you end up running and residential areas without a drinking hole to be found for miles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Well you could stop at O'Malleys in Kings Cross then onto the Golden Sheaf in Double Bay but not much after that until you get to Bondi as Vacluse is mainly residential. Better off heading out to Bondi as the place will be heaving on Sunday afternoon with hot sweaty women. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Anyone else doing this this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

yep i am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Lurching wrote: »
    Anyone else doing this this year?

Me!

Yeah irelandsown is right a few of my mates tried to do it a few years ago was a bit of a disaster ... and yes bondi is teh place, great craic afterwards

and of course hurricanes takeaway!

Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pub crawl wouldn't happen, I'm doing the run, bondi will be good craic that night

• Advertisement

Good stuff.
    Im looking forward to it. Last run I did was the 10k in Phoenix park last year.

yeah i did the phoenix park 10k 2 years ago , good course that

3 weeks to go! Time to step up the training a bit I think.

Anyone do this?

My thighs feel like concrete at this stage! Great day, hopefully the turn of summer now!

Was in beach road after, jam packed! good laugh though ... today has been tough!!

hussey wrote: »
    Anyone do this?

My thighs feel like concrete at this stage! Great day, hopefully the turn of summer now!

Was in beach road after, jam packed! good laugh though ... today has been tough!!

yeah i did it also , calves are a bit sore today but i had a great time doing the run , what an amount of people........ was in the beach road also , had the day off today , sweet....... thinking of doing the 10k in november , what ya think ??

http://www.run4fun.com.au/default.asp?PageID=20570

• Advertisement

daftdave wrote: »
    yeah i did it also , calves are a bit sore today but i had a great time doing the run , what an amount of people........ was in the beach road also , had the day off today , sweet....... thinking of doing the 10k in november , what ya think ??

http://www.run4fun.com.au/default.asp?PageID=20570

any chance you were with a bunch of GAA lads? I was talking to a few girls from clan and they said a load of GAA guys ran it

have a look into the bridge run
    http://www.sydneyrunningfestival.com.au/default.asp?PageID=3230
    It is 9km, but really good run, very flat! You run across the bridge, amazing on a good day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Well done lads

hussey wrote: »
    any chance you were with a bunch of GAA lads? I was talking to a few girls from clan and they said a load of GAA guys ran it

have a look into the bridge run
    http://www.sydneyrunningfestival.com.au/default.asp?PageID=3230
    It is 9km, but really good run, very flat! You run across the bridge, amazing on a good day!

no i wasnt with the GAA lads, i didnt even see them tbh , i did that bridge run last year , excellent scenic run , think i might do it again this year ,

need to train a bit more though and try improve my times !

Advertisement