Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tempting Audi!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I came across this too but was wondering how they have an old model registered as an 09 seen as the new model came out in 08!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

To be honest if I was after one I'd rather a Seat Exeo with the newer 2.0T for around the same price rather than a bog standard specced car thats been sitting around a field for a couple of years. But then again I'm not swayed by badge or any of that stuff really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The reason he's selling it for €29,000 is because it's the old model I'd imagine. You could argue that he should drop it a bit more in that case.
    Nice car and I used to own an older model. Shame it doesn't have the all-leather interior.
    Not mad on the wheels either but apart from that, it's very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Now this is tempting..:eek:

Anyone want to buy an A5 3.0Tdi??:D

glynf wrote: »

Oh now that IS tempting!

I hate the way loads of Audis have that blasted car phone kit bolted to the dash. It's horrible looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

glynf wrote: »

Anyone want to buy an A5 3.0Tdi??:D

Has to be a scam, it's less then half the price of any other 06 RS4.

Neilw wrote: »
    Has to be a scam, it's less then half the price of any other 06 RS4.

+1 on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Sorry lads, no interested in that, more interested in the comments, pros and cons on the car in my original thread.

Email me at: a1992surfergrl@msn.com because the emails sent through the website are received with delay, or not received at all.

Ah. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

guy working with me has one of those 1.8T A4's (2007 model with the leather interior)
    Paid €33k for it 18 months ago when it was 1yr old. Its in immaculate condition and is a lovely car to drive. He's thinking of selling it towards the end of the year. I'd say 29k for that car Stevie is not that bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

OP - you do realise this attracts €1,050 motor tax?

unkel wrote: »
    OP - you do realise this attracts €1,000 motor tax?

He's thinking of spending €30k on a car! €1k is peanuts in the greater scheme of things.
    However, you could get a Beemer with a larger engine that would have lower car tax than that.
    Funnily enough, an older 1.8T that is taxed on engine size would cost €582 to tax for the full year.

Heroditas wrote: »
    He's thinking of spending €30k on a car! €1k is peanuts in the greater scheme of things.

Only if you keep it forever. It will be impossible to sell on :)

If you're gonna be spending big bucks on tax, you might as well get a big engine, not a poxy 4 pot 1.8l :D

My guess is the OP isn't aware the engine is so polluting...

If you're gonna be spending big bucks on tax, you might as well get a big engine, not a poxy 4 pot 1.8l :D

Definitely! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Nah, you could do better for €30,000... if you have the cash that is. However, if it's only the badge and '09 plate you're after then go for it.

Yes, I was aware the car is quite dirty and the tax would be high, I suspect that is the reason behind the price. Part of the appeal though is the Quattro, I'm often in Wicklow and had a few problems last winter. I've also driven that engine in a Golf and while it lacks the smoothness of a BMW 6 it is not a bad engine, assuming the coil issue is a thing of the past.

The impossible to sell comment is a bit of a concern though!

The impossible to sell comment is a bit of a concern though!

I wouldn't say it's impossible to sell. There will always be someone out there who won't view the tax as prohibitive and will buy the car if they really want it.
    Sure, you're thinking of buying it aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Dubdude wrote: »
    I came across this too but was wondering how they have an old model registered as an 09 seen as the new model came out in 08!!

That's no big deal really, it just means the car was sitting in stock rather than being registered - not surprising seeing as it's a 1.8T quattro. They're fine to drive, but there's never been massive demand for theim, and now with everyone buying diesel, I'm sure registering it was the only way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

OP - you do realise this attracts €1,050 motor tax?

I'm sure he does. And what harm, shure you can't take it to the grave.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 tweaf

Great car - great price!

• Advertisement

tweaf wrote: »
    Great car - great price!

It actually is - I remember driving one to Dingle in a "spirited" manner, on roads that I didn't know. It never put a foot wrong and felt quick and safe! Very confidence inspiring.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/1.6-LE/200925194220846/advert?channel=CARS

If you do compare it to this €4k isn't a lot more for the upgrade...or this is stupidly over priced...

Heroditas wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's impossible to sell. There will always be someone out there who won't view the tax as prohibitive and will buy the car if they really want it.

Agreed but the price will have to be good again come resale time. Spent 30k on it now and don't expect to get more than 20k in a years time if you'd try to sell it. OTOH, if you don't mind the tax (or the petrol) and don't mind hanging on for a good few years, it's quite a capable car for the money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hmmmmmmm, a well priced car from the Turleys or the Hennessey's??? I'm amazed. Got to be an error on their part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

To reply to OP, this is a shame for 43k yoyos you don't have leather seats and radio commands on the steering wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Stevie, hang on a few months and you could get my mates for less than 20k. Its also the quattro, leather and has very low mileage. He's being forced to sell both his A4's due to his missus expecting again...
    Its in the low tax bracket aswell being a 07
    Its a 1 off colour aswell called Elderberry Blue.

EPM wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/1.6-LE/200925194220846/advert?channel=CARS

If you do compare it to this €4k isn't a lot more for the upgrade...or this is stupidly over priced...

Oh good grief, ridiculously over-priced IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The spec is terrible on that car, no MFSW, rear electric windows, etc.

Personally I would feel mugged paying €29k for it but if it floats your boat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://www.carzone.ie/search/SEAT/Exeo/2.0TDI-S/200918192665569/advert?channel=CARS

If you like the shape...., this is a brand new model:pac:

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The spec is terrible on that car, no MFSW, rear electric windows, etc.

Personally I would feel mugged paying €29k for it but if it floats your boat...

No electric rear windows?! That is a joke and would rule it out on principle alone! SEAT does look nice, if only 4WD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 eolair

agreed - spec just doesn't match the engine/quattro mix.

Worse, it's that horrible dark cloth and horrible black plastic interior. All you are getting for your money is a 1.8 at the limits of its power, and 4wd.

And unless you regularly drive in a spirited way on country roads, 4wd isn't worth the decrease in fuel consumption and the smaller fuel tank.

If you are spending serious cash, at least put it on a machine that deserves it.

plus you'll always look like a cheap skate driving a car that was replaced over a year ago despite the new reg...

eolair wrote: »
    All you are getting for your money is a 1.8 at the limits of its power, and 4wd.

I'm no fan of underspecced small engined entry level so called premium saloons. To put it extremely mildly. I can't let that one go past though. The turbocharged 1.8 petrol engine is at a pretty low state of tune @163BHP. The VAG boys will give you the exact details in what you can reach with a simple remap and maybe some other upgrades but suffice to say that this engine was happy to do 225BHP in an Audi TT way back in 1998.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'm no fan of underspecced small engined entry level so called premium saloons. To put it extremely mildly. I can't let that one go past though. The turbocharged 1.8 petrol engine is at a pretty low state of tune @163BHP. The VAG boys will give you the exact details in what you can reach with a simple remap and maybe some other upgrades but suffice to say that this engine was happy to do 225BHP in an Audi TT way back in 1998.

Absolutely!

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/projectcars/14/jbs-skoda-octavia-vrs-jbs-gt35

This Octavia with the same 1.8 is producing 602bhp!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Isint it a quattro and not a classic 4wd car also? As in fwd all the time until traction is lost at the front and torque is transferred to the rear? Its a 70% fwd biased car no? Thats the case with the haldex quattro system in the tt anyway.

A neighbour has one of these and loves it, he has all the bells and whistles though.

• Advertisement

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Thats the case with the haldex quattro system in the tt anyway.

AFAIK it's Haldex in the TT/A3 and Torsen in the rest.
    It is front biased though, only the newer cars (A4 B8, A5, S5 etc.) are getting set up for rear bias.

Advertisement