Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Deposit back after Renting

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, I'm soon to be moving out of the 1st place I have ever rented and as I have had alot of hassle with my landlord so far, I just want to know a bit about how it works to get my deposit back.

We've looked after the house and to be honest I think its in better order now than when we moved in but the landlord always has people in the house checkin on it from the letting agents and they've been seriously picky (We even got a formal warning over a noise complaint when everyone in the house was away for the weekend). So I want to make sure there is nothing for them to find that will effect getting full deposit back.

1st of all, what classifies as normal wear and tear? We seem to have a different idea of it than the landlord.

What are the main things any of you have been pulled up on or lost a deposit over?

Advertisement