Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Kicking

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

This is going to sound really silly and Im sure when I'm further along I'll know exactly how it feels, what does it feel like when the baby kicks?

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting "flutters", pulsing feeling in my tummy but today it was much stronger, it really felt like a kick. I'm nearly 19 weeks and not sure if its even too early to feel kicks but its exciting all the same. My partner is dying to feel a kick too cos I keep going on about these flutters and they aren't strong enough for him to feel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

janbaby wrote: »
    This is going to sound really silly and Im sure when I'm further along I'll know exactly how it feels, what does it feel like when the baby kicks?

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting "flutters", pulsing feeling in my tummy but today it was much stronger, it really felt like a kick. I'm nearly 19 weeks and not sure if its even too early to feel kicks but its exciting all the same. My partner is dying to feel a kick too cos I keep going on about these flutters and they aren't strong enough for him to feel.

Hi janbaby.. It feels like someone kicking you from the inside only it doesn't hurt :p I can't explain it any other way as it is what it says it is.. kicking :)

I had a difficult pregnancy in the beginning but when i felt that first proper kick i was in tears i was so happy. It's the most amazing feeling and even after lucy was born i missed her moving around inside me. As babs gets bigger some of their movements actually feel like a mini massage :)
    You can feel them doing somersaults and when they have hiccups. Ah i'm getting broody now!! :P

I was 22 weeks pregnant when i felt a proper kick and it just got stronger from that day. My babs was very selective who she kicked for and whenever daddy was rubbing my belly she wouldn't oblige! She's still mammy's girl :)
    How's your pregnancy been so far? When are you due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I can't wait to feel it but my partner def cant wait :D
    Due New Years eve :p I'm nearly half way and the first half was pretty rough so I'm hoping the next half will be full of new surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Hey op,

I'm due in January also, i'm 17 weeks now, i'm starting to feel little flutters in my tummy too. Feels strange :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

For me it felt like little bubbles bursting,as time goes by you'll be able to feel it way stronger, its very reassuring. Im 27 weeks now and the minute i settle down to sleep, it starts kicking away like anything, think its preparing me for lack of sleep in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

ahhh guys.

I'm soon to be nearing the end of my first trimester, and reading about people in the second has got me so excited!

I think once I'm able to feel the baby like you guys I'll feel more decided and excited about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I never really got a 'first' kick. I just had strange flutters like bubbles bursting and it got stronger over time but very strong now at 31 weeks. Hubby doesn't like feeling it....says it feels weird. That really annoys me so at night I cuddle up to him and lean my belly against his back so baby kicks him too!! Only fair really....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭potter on

hi,
    i am in my 20 weeks. I started feeling flutters in 17th week. felt very strong kicks last week. it is amazing feeling. girls at work told me that is the sign your baby is ok... i believe that....looking forward to more kicks...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I started feeling 'things' at about 15 weeks. It just felt like wind!

I'm just over 20 weeks now and getting good hard thumps for about the past 2 weeks. My husband felt it kick last week for the first time. He was delighted!

Evenings are the best time. Especially if I have a glass of juice and something to eat and then go lie down. I get lots of kicks then. Its all very exciting :D

Advertisement