Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peggle Addicts! Win Prizes From eSports.ie & Popcap

Options
  • 04-08-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Attention Peggle fans (and those who haven't experienced the joy as yet!)! eSports.ie in association with Popcap Games and Boards.ie are running a Peggle High Score competition with a box of goodies (including the full PC game) from Popcap up for grabs. To win you must be skilled, be stylish and have lady luck on your side.

To enter this competition:
    • Download the Peggle trial.
    • Play Level 1-1 (over and over again if you like - Quick Play) with any character from the trial.
    • Hit 'Print Screen' to take a screenshot (of the level complete or high score screen)
    • Save it in Paint or an imaging tool of your choice (without modification!).
    • Post the picture up on this thread - for the sake of competition - (uploaded on Imageshack)
    • You can submit as many scores as you like over the next two weeks. Entries must be received by 23:59 on August 21st.

There are three mystery boxes up for grabs (Perhaps it will remain a mystery).
    Good luck and have fun!

And if you would like to check the external partners involved in this:
    eSports.ie - An Irish competitive gaming site with a global view
    Popcap Games - Responsible for some of the biggest and best casual games including Peggle, Bejeweled and Plants vs Zombies.

YOU NEED TO SAVE YOUR FINAL BALL REPLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Boards.ie seal of approval on this before anyone starts screaming spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Man I love this game. Downloading trial now!!

Just got this on steam. Look forward to the comp!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Boards.ie seal of approval on this before anyone starts screaming spam.

Ah but the controversy could have been so good! Mr. O'Leary II I am not :(

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I already own the full game, and Peggle nights, and Peggle DS... Hell, I'm even considering buying it again on the 360!
    Will still be giving this a lash though

I just realised that you get bonus points for clearing the level for the first time! So what if people uninstall and reinstall to get the bonus points?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Turning on PC to download it now

I demand another competition with Peggle Extreme! :D

animaX wrote: »
    I just realised that you get bonus points for clearing the level for the first time! So what if people uninstall and reinstall to get the bonus points?!

Just get it right first time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Mannn, do I lurv peggle!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I used to have the full game and all levels, but it will be a while before I get all levels unlocked.
    14376132.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'll settle for this one until someone beats it.
    34731096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

where do you download the trial, the irish website or the popcap one.
    link?

Irish Iron wrote: »
    where do you download the trial, the irish website or the popcap one.
    link?

My apologies: http://www.popcap.com/games/peggle?mid=peggle_70_3_pc_en_1

Had sent a PM to Kinetic^ for pre-approval and when I pasted it here it didn't copy all the links. Has been added to first post too. On the bonus issue - we can only hope that people don't get that competitive that they would go through the process of installing and un-installing...

🤪

delly wrote: »
    34731096.jpg

I call hacks! :P

delly wrote: »
    34731096.jpg

Just so people don't get put off by delly's ridiculous score, there are three boxes up for grabs :)

🤪

Well i have to admit, about 2 or 3 years ago I heard of Peggle from the PCGamer podcast and downloaded it. An addiction developed from there which can sometimes lead to a highscore, but tbh its mainly luck.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    On the bonus issue - we can only hope that people don't get that competitive that they would go through the process of installing and un-installing...

Oh..eh..yeah, I would never do that :D

Edit: Also, I just realised that on the pics that have been posted so far, each slot at the bottom (in fever mode) has a score of 100,000 but on my version it has 10,000 or 50,000 or 100,000? That must not be the demo version?!

animaX wrote: »
    Oh..eh..yeah, I would never do that :D

Edit: Also, I just realised that on the pics that have been posted so far, each slot at the bottom (in fever mode) has a score of 100,000 but on my version it has 10,000 or 50,000 or 100,000? That must not be the demo version?!

If you clear every peg (blue and orange) on the screen, it enters another phase of FEVER. All the buckets at the bottom change to 100,000...So you don't have to hope and pray it drops into the right one (despite knowing all along that the magnet will kick in and it will bounce around and around and then straight into the 10,000! :D)

🤪

Oh i see, I better start clearing the screen then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

peggle435000.th.jpg

A not-so-close second, but I'm not finished yet Delly!!!

P.S. Which Image size & format do I use to get a large image using imageshack rather than a thumbnail?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Man, I love Peggle!
    I'll give this a shot when I get home, when's the closing time of the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

peggle544960.th.jpg

Getting closer....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Which power ups are we using for this? are we allowed use any of them? Are all of the power ups in the main game included in the trial?

Any way of checking if this is not the case?

Man, I love Peggle!
    I'll give this a shot when I get home, when's the closing time of the competition?

Competition doesn't close til August 21st...so you should get home before then.
    Which power ups are we using for this? are we allowed use any of them? Are all of the power ups in the main game included in the trial?

Any way of checking if this is not the case?

Level 1-1 has no powerups or purple pegs (worth more points). Rules were written before a level was picked; that's why it says you can use any character. Just you, a bunch of pegs, and a bucket.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Got to love Peggle. I've the full version but cant seem to find how to play without the power ups. Any idea...is this only possible with the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

peggle2.jpg

peggle3.jpg

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Competition doesn't close til August 21st...so you should get home before then.

Level 1-1 has no powerups or purple pegs (worth more points). Rules were written before a level was picked; that's why it says you can use any character. Just you, a bunch of pegs, and a bucket.

Not sure if my score is valid as there were purple pegs and the power ups also. I dont think its possible to play without them though....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Lister1 wrote: »
    Not sure if my score is valid as there were purple pegs and the power ups also. I dont think its possible to play without them though....

Install the demo from the link further up the page.

You guys have nothing to worry about with me anyway, I barely managed to top 300k so far!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement